What’s on your workbench?

Oh come on you are clean from a shower (one of my favorites) and you are in very loose comfortable back open gown and get wheeled into a room with a light above  you the size of of the starship enterprize and you get to count backwards from 10 -usually make it to 8 and you wake up in a strange place drifting in and out of  heavy dream states..  You wife asks you if you are ok and you tell her aboiut some reindeer in Australial and later remember nothing of that talk. .Your surgeon checks on you and gren lights your departure into a wheel chait to the door. Then like a magic carpet you are driven home a long long windy road with lots of curves and huge green trees (about 5 plus hours ) 

its later that day when vacation is over-its a brief vacation at best

I spent the weekend glazing the rest of my bisqueware I had saved up, finishing bottoms and taking pictures.  Going to be listing it all on my online store and having a fun sale sometime in the coming weeks.  I have some stuff I know will be popular just from how many people on instagram, facebook and reddit have reached out to try to snipe things early.  

I participated in my local clay art associations pot swap this year and will be sending out this plate to the person whose name I drew!

20210111011407_IMG_0725_copy_1341x1341.jpg

On 1/13/2021 at 4:35 PM, blackthorn said:

Lucky them!  It's beautiful!

I agree!

I was trying to figure out what looked familiar about it even though I've never seen it before. Took me a while but then it dawned on me, the pot on the cover of Robin Hoppers book Making Marks. 

13 hours ago, liambesaw said:

I wish mine looked like that!!  Its supposed to be an orange, but some of the details got lost when I used an old spray paint stencil I made since the stencil film didn't really stick well to the clay. :(

Shhhh! It looks deliberate. No one else noticed this. I like the soft lines.

10 hours ago, JohnnyK said:

What's mythological about naked ladies?

Nothing, if you put it like that. 

Demeter, on the other hand, was allegedly goddess of harvest and fertility. 

Andromeda was slated to be sacrificed to the kraken (not the Sydney Powell one).

Apologies for offending your sensibilities.

9 hours ago, blackthorn said:

Nothing, if you put it like that. 

Demeter, on the other hand, was allegedly goddess of harvest and fertility. 

Andromeda was slated to be sacrificed to the kraken (not the Sydney Powell one).

Apologies for offending your sensibilities.

No offense here, blackthorne...no apology needed or accepted. What was the source for the ones on your tiles? I like the presentation and could incorporate them on some of my vases...

Ah, apologies for my misunderstanding then.

These are from photographs I've taken.   Some are turned into silkscreens, like these.

Some become stencils.  I also do actual photo  processes like cyanotype on clay. Like the attached.

Eventually, I'll come up with a process I can apply to something other than a test slab  or tile.

CyanoTest-1.jpg

Edited by blackthorn

Hey--this is some serious art here! This is the art of resilience and adaptability. It is the art of pleasing women who shop at gift boutiques and are obsessed with gnomes. It is the art of kicking Peter Voulkus out of one's head and replacing him with a big nosed little creature in a valentine hat. It is the art of survival.  And, truth be told, it is the art of having a bit of fun. But we shall not speak of this ever again.

20171013_142003 (2).jpg

20210114_134643 (2).jpg

20210114_134651 (2).jpg

Last day at the physical therapist,  still need more healing time to have a decent grip but I think I can handle cleaning my studio.   I have a mural to make in the near future so I will spend  time sketching.  My studio is hard to warm up on really cold days so having a design project is good.  I have a feeling that winter is about over in Kansas,  dandelions and new grass are popping up all over.   Denice

• 3 weeks later...

This will be "Primal", No. 7 in my Hidden Mask Series. The glazes are merlot, cobalt, deep yellow matte, clear & black engobe. Few more thing to glaze and then ready to fire-took me forever to get clay this time, and one 25lb block arrived as dry and solid as old  concrete. They replaced it, but still....!!!

20210206_181730.jpg

20210206_183458 (2).jpg

Waxed and ready to glaze

1 bottle, 1 vase, 1 bowl, 10 mugs, 11 berry bows

and 4 plates that are our 15yr anniversary/test design for shape, weight, durability since it was last week's class subject, feeling pretty firmly in the intermediary category now, gettin there. It will be so awesome when I'm not throwing "a" bowl, I'm throwing "MY" bowl, another thousand pounds or so maybe, hopefully, lol.

02_07.thumb.jpg.27d8cb92bc71a5266daf5051e274601f.jpg