Oldlady that is a spot of Strontium Crystal Magic Cool with Pete Seafoam over it. The "brown" glaze is Red Orange that will go shiny copper if the glaze is not layered over or under any other glaze. Looks like a brand new penny.

I'm immersed now in my summer teaching intensive at the state university, so little will happen clay-wise until August.

I have destined for the kiln today a little creamer for my sister, a small snack bowl, a  hand-built heavy rice bowl in a squared shape with impressions of birds from a wood roller, and a porcelain plate that will eventually have painted in underglaze a friend's Newfkom (cross between Newfoundland and Komodor) in front of the tiny houseboat to which they have just moved..

Nothing on my work bench,  what little cool air I get in my studio can't keep up with the hot weather.  There is suppose to be a break in the heat next week,  so I am just taking care of things this week that life throws at you.     Potter

Well lets see the past two days has been high production-These pots which I'm sponging on the white table and in the far distance (not the ones that need handles or trimming on plaster bats) where loaded today at noon and are now at 8pm about 1200 degrees. I sponged them today in sun dried them a few hours -still wet and slow fired them about 10 hours in gas car kiln today/night

That load was about 150 spoon rests and 60 sponge holders and a lot of mugs and bowls some where serving size.

Glaze day is friday

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

Gabby,

They are for Savannah Bee, a honey company that is now selling my honey jars, mugs, and soon teapots. Nice catch on the decoration. I stamp them before shaping, that makes the images larger where they get expanded. The lids are stamped after trimming.

best,

Pres

Pres those teapots look like they would be fun to make,  I love making teapots.  I hope I can retrain my brain and arm connection so I can throw them on electric wheel I just bought.   I just had the foot pedal adjusted so that made a huge difference.  Losing the ability to throw was the first thing I lost to MS ,  I am slowly retraining my brain , I can throw small bows and cups now.  Mark C found me the wheel on E-bay so I sold my kick wheel  and forging forward with my quest.   Denice