What's Your Work Music?

On 1/2/2019 at 9:40 PM, Mark C. said:

I have been pumping a pandora mix via I pad myself this past late fall thru my stereo system.

I love my Pandora.  I've got a dozen or so specified stations, that it shuffles between, and since it will play music similar to those stations, I discover new songs and artists, I didn't know about.

So, that I've talked to, prefer Spotify, as you can create playlist.  But then you miss out on the other song/ artist suggestions.

9 hours ago, Callie Beller Diesel said:

Raise your hands if you're a studio singer!

Sometimes, when I'm feeling super pumped up, and also, if I'm getting really tired, and getting a bit goofy...

10 hours ago, Callie Beller Diesel said:

Raise your hands if you're a studio singer!

Most definitely! Whats your favorite song to sing?

Mine currently is Colder Weather by Zac Brown Band.....i do it SO well, that im pretty sure he's gonna call me to go on tour with him....very...very soon.

4 hours ago, hitchmss said:

Most definitely! Whats your favorite song to sing?

Mine currently is Colder Weather by Zac Brown Band.....i do it SO well, that im pretty sure he's gonna call me to go on tour with him....very...very soon.

Part of the criteria a song has to meet to make it onto one of my regular playlists is that I have to like to sing it. For the most part, I have daytime working hours when the husband and kids are out of the house, so only my dog knows how awesome I am. And Miley and Dolly are probably just clearing a space in their schedules so we can all do "Jolene" together.

"Uh Huh" by Jade Bird is also pretty fun to sing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, my first post here after lurking for over a year!

I tend to listen to jazz, blues, or electronic (techno, trance) though I found the "Alternative Beats" playlist on spotify recently and am really digging that. I started tinkering with making electronic music a couple of months ago, only a few short beginner tracks, but I always liked the idea of making some groovy music for the studio.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been working on copying all 650ish of our CDs onto a hard drive. Every day at the studio I get through 20-30. I'm down to the last box of about 120, which I should be able to knock out in the next two weeks, depending on how much repair work I have. This week I did all the Grateful Dead albums, so I've been listening to those all week. I also found several DMB live concert recordings, so those are on the list for next week.

On 1/4/2019 at 1:55 PM, shawnhar said:

a bunch of Pandora stations with a pretty wide variety

Indeed..from Weird to the Civil War!! My last two for today (cleaning the studio, stirring glazes, setting up clay to rehydrate) were downright spiritual, following Grace Jones & Curtis Mayfield's soundtrack for Superfly. 

20190110_120025--.jpg

• 1 month later...

New member here, collecting music since about when I planned to become a full time potter in 8 weeks for 30 years.  Music adds a lot to the studio experience for me.  Best music for creativity?  Tangerine Dream/Constance Demby.  Look it up if you don't know.  I'll post more about my journey to follow.

I listen to old shows on the television that I have seen,  I don't need to look up at them.   I also listen to old rock and roll,  I switch back and forth between them.   My husband's shop is next to mine,  if he has a oldies station on the sounds good I will turn it on also.   We open the door between us and sing and dance the afternoon away,  lots of fun.    Denice

23 minutes ago, Denice said:

I listen to old shows on the television that I have seen,  I don't need to look up at them.   I also listen to old rock and roll,  I switch back and forth between them.   My husband's shop is next to mine,  if he has a oldies station on the sounds good I will turn it on also.   We open the door between us and sing and dance the afternoon away,  lots of fun.    Denice

That's hella cute.  Made me smile.

Not so much rock and rolling going on right now,  my husband bought a new welder a few weeks ago.   Once he get tired of welding and warm weather is here to stay  we will be turning up the stereo.   We are in our late 60's,  people tell us we act much younger.   We are usually one of the last people to leave a party if it is a good one.   Denice

• 1 year later...

My favorite kind of music to work to is perky fun music. Anything that will be able to get my energy going and will be able to get my creative juices flowing! I love all genres, as long as it's happy music, I am a happy woman! I usually put on a radio station I like.

• 1 month later...

I like Podcasts, but I do tend to tune them out when I'm focusing and then I have to start the episode all over! Lore is my favorite. If I need some calm in my life it'll be something folksy. Otherwise, some of my favorite bands that I can sing along to. Marina and the Diamonds is a good one for me. I can't do anything with a really fast tempo or hard rock beats. I find it actually tenses up my muscles while I'm working. 

Your heart beat actually attempts to match the tempo of your music. Music can have a great impact on your output.

Yeah Action Bronson! That dude is cold!

I whistle, sing, and often think of recording new melodies as I'm working, producing music and pots simultaneously.

Sorce

I usually have an old movie on in the shop, then I don't have to watch it, I can just go on about wedging or throwing and feel like I have company. If I am really concentrating or trying to crank, I have nothing on, just the rhythm of the wheel and my hands.

best,

Pres

On 2/1/2019 at 3:11 PM, neilestrick said:

I've been working on copying all 650ish of our CDs onto a hard drive. Every day at the studio I get through 20-30. I'm down to the last box of about 120, which I should be able to knock out in the next two weeks, depending on how much repair work I have. This week I did all the Grateful Dead albums, so I've been listening to those all week. I also found several DMB live concert recordings, so those are on the list for next week.

I have a collection like that from the starting the  time CDs came out.  My player of choice is an old school Ipod.  I think it's like 120G.  Music only.  I play the songs in alphabetical order.  The style jumps around quite a bit.  Occasionally I'll play an album start to finish.  Playing songs in order means I never run out. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2020 at 10:20 AM, CactusPots said:

I have a collection like that from the starting the  time CDs came out.  My player of choice is an old school Ipod.  I think it's like 120G.  Music only.  I play the songs in alphabetical order.  The style jumps around quite a bit.  Occasionally I'll play an album start to finish.  Playing songs in order means I never run out. 

LOL, my iPod is an oldie like that. I like to put it on Shuffle and just let it go. It's so old it has no way to separate out the Christmas songs, so I just let them bring a smile :)

Archived