So who needs a haircut besides me?

yesterday, i took a scissors to the pony tail and cut about 3 inches or so.  all different lengths now but not so hot since it has been in the high 80s for more than a week.   and even better, i finally loaded the bisque just now to turn on tomorrow.   going home in a couple of weeks.  only one load this year, no motivation.

My wife cut mine a few days ago. I mailed a check paying it forward(a gift I said not a payment ) to my hair cutter last month-made her cry she said. I was just helping out what I could. I did not want that crying from my gift.

4 hours ago, oldlady said:

yesterday, i took a scissors to the pony tail and cut about 3 inches or so.  all different lengths now but not so hot since it has been in the high 80s for more than a week.   and even better, i finally loaded the bisque just now to turn on tomorrow.   going home in a couple of weeks.  only one load this year, no motivation.

Ditto old lady! Tail held high! Clip!

Home ? Long drive? Are you still allowed across borders without fuss?

no problem leaving for home,  is still only one country, states should not stop travelers.   coming into florida there is a place on the big highways where people from new york are tested before entry.   yesterday they announced there is at least one case in every county in florida.  that is 67 counties many with little population.  the smallest has less than 9000 people.  ( i don't think there is a count of alligators )   

the trip is almost exactly 1000 miles depending on how long i stay with my friends in north carolina.   hope i can do that this season.  it is a little scary leaving a place with lots of close medical facilities for one with relatively little.  

17 hours ago, Mark C. said:

My wife cut mine a few days ago. I mailed a check paying it forward(a gift I said not a payment ) to my hair cutter last month-made her cry she said. I was just helping out what I could. I did not want that crying from my gift.

Cry for happy, Mark 

My wife and I do. I usually keep mine less than a 1/2" long all around naturally tapering shorter toward the neck. With my bald head, it makes sense, and I don't have a good head shape for bald, with some scars up there from auto accident. If it gets longer like now, I get the "Nero" horns! Don't like the look of those, so this week I bought some old fashioned hair cream to tame them. Too short to do much good as of yet, but hoping.

best,

Pres

• 2 weeks later...

I need a haircut so bad! I'm thinking of cutting my own hair! My hair begs to differ, it does NOT want to be cut by me. I know if I go down the route of picking the old shears to my locks -- there is a serious risk involved! Can't wait to get a haircut!

• 2 months later...

Even before the Pandemic, I was having my hair cut at home.  I do what I can see with the clippers, then my Wife does everything else.  Occasionally, I'll have my younger Sister do it, as she used to work as a Cosmetologist.

My hair is pretty easy to do.  Now my three year old Son's is a lot more difficult, as he doesn't sit still.  That's why his hair looks the way it does now...

Dad did my hair for years, when living on base, we used a barber on base off from Px usually. . . they seemed to know one cut! During  HS I grew it longer. . . it was the 60's after all, had it that way until just the last ten years as I went back to tight as the baldness is not as noticable when short. Not about to lower the sideboards to cover the top!

best,

Pres

55 minutes ago, Pres said:

Dad did my hair for years, when living on base, we used a barber on base off from Px usually. . . they seemed to know one cut! During  HS I grew it longer. . . it was the 60's after all, had it that way until just the last ten years as I went back to tight as the baldness is not as noticable when short. Not about to lower the sideboards to cover the top!

best,

Pres

Yes, the comb-over has seemed to fall out of style the last 3 years or so :lol:

On 7/15/2020 at 3:02 PM, Pres said:

best,

Pres

Yeah, I always said, that if I ever start losing my hair, I'll just trim it short,  It would be one less thing for me to do/ worry about each morning.  (Other than having to remember to apply sun screen to a spot, that most people don't need to worry about.)

On 7/15/2020 at 3:58 PM, liambesaw said:

Yes, the comb-over has seemed to fall out of style the last 3 years or so :lol:

I wouldn't say that.  The comb-over has never been OK, nor has it ever fooled anyone.

Military grade haircut is easy. #2 spacer on the clipper head all over, trimmer on the edges to blend then shave for cleanup. I used to use wax for the stand up look back in the early 60's as that was what I was taught. Nothing now. . . . just a hat.

best,

Pres

Archived