QotW: Do you take food or drink into the studio?

Once again I have not notice any new activity on the QotW pool. So. . .. . . .

QotW: Do you take food or drink into the studio?

As much as I love my coffee, I have a tendency of only taking one cup into the studio, and only finishing it when working on something simple. . . simple is not wedging, weighing/mixing glazes, not when throwing, or cleaning or anything else that could raise up a bit of dust or dirt, even though I like to wash things down thoroughly when done working. That said, I don't have a habit of eating in the studio either.

best,

Pres

I don't eat in my studio, but I'll bring a coffee or beer in.  I put it in a little cupboard in my shed and sip on it while I get everything ready for whatever I'm out there to do.  Not when I'm throwing.  Usually if I'm filming a video it'll take me about half an hour to set up lights and cameras, get the microphone set up and queued, adjust white balance and exposure, etc etc.

I think drinking the dregs of your coffee and then spitting out a bunch of grit is probably enough to cure most people of drinking while claying. Not a pleasant experience!

I’ll bring a drink (tea) in while I’m doing handles, but that’s about it. No other jobs really, just handles.

edited to add: we weren’t allowed to even keep food in our studios back in college, because we’d wind up finding dead mice in the reclaim. They’d come in for the winter where there was a food source, and fall into the reclaim buckets trying to get water. No food= no dead mice. 

• Pres pinned and featured this topic

No food, since my studio is in my trailer (pardon me--mobile home) and I usually eat at my computer, in the living room.  In the studio, coffee, tea, water, always. Mostly coffee, and in my favorite mugs by Steven Zoldak (slip trailed) ,  Andy Hampton (genuine tea dust glaze), and my own. The red clay one gets the heavy traffic.   

20200128_214014.jpg

Edited by LeeU

No food, just water from a bottle.  Lid on when not drinking.  I try not to produce any dust, and won't allow other members at the centre to work with dry clay, or to "sand" anything in the art room.  I send them outside, which usually means they don't bother.

• Pres unpinned this topic