Stepping aside as moderator

Hi everybody,

These are my last few days as a moderator of this forum. I am stepping aside in order to spend more time with my pottery business. About a year ago, I launched a new “division” of my business. Didn’t know if it would go anywhere, but now it has grown to the point where it really needs more of my time and attention. 

I am not going anywhere, I still plan to be an active forum user. I’m just handing over my moderator duties to a worthy new moderator.

I have been a moderator here since the forum’s earliest days in 2010. I love the forum! I’m proud of what has been built here in the first 8 years: a gigantic archive of information, and a solid community culture. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO CONTRIBUTES TO THIS!

With gratitude for Jen Harnetty, ACerS, the current mod team, and best wishes to all,

Mea

Big thank you Mea for being such an integral part of making this forum what it is today. I appreciate all the time and energy you have given to the moderator job, Good thing there is a worthy new mod stepping into your shoes, they are awfully big ones.

glad you are doing so well!  will miss your level-headed reining in of the wildness when we get carried away.  your advice is always spot on and well considered.  glad you are going to still be an active member.  happy counting as the $ roll in.

It’s times like this when I’m glad the forum software now lets us give more than five “likes” per day. Thanks everybody! And really, I will still be hanging out here regularly. I don’t think I could quit the forum if I tried. 

27 minutes ago, GEP said:

It’s times like this when I’m glad the forum software now lets us give more than five “likes” per day. Thanks everybody! And really, I will still be hanging out here regularly. I don’t think I could quit the forum if I tried. 

Some things get to be like breathing, and your service on the forum has been so exemplary that I can not thank you enough. Hope to see you this Summer. . . . Penn State is coming. At the same time, I am wondering if I will have time to make it as my time seems to be becoming more limited also. All of my best to you and your future endeavors, stay in touch.

best.

Pres

Well I am not going to say goodbye because you are not leaving the board, just taking a long deserved break from your volunteer work on our behalf.

I will however say "That you!" 

You have always been a great moderator and I can't heap enough praise on you and the other folks who give their valuable time to running this community. I have been spoiled by this community access over the last 5-6 years and I simply cannot imagine working in pottery without all the wonderful, selfless people here offering me advice and input on anything clay.

Thanks!  

• Administrators

I too want to chime in with a public thank you to Mea for her years of dedication to the forum. We are so grateful for all you have contributed over the years. We wish you the best of luck with all of your endeavors and are glad you are still planning to be an active member. 

Cheers to you!

Jen

Archived