And when not eating or potting...

And so when not eating or potting what do you do with creative side of brain?

Here I am killing two birds with one pot

Only bit of wool left and no more of that fleece so knitting both sleeves at same time , keeping warm and playing the fool.

No fool like an old fool

20200407_070337.jpg

Fond memories o' our Mom knitting many things, also Grandma (her side), and my Dad's brother, who also crocheted (ya, me looked up past tense of...).

I like to read, work on projects around the house and yard, write, and ride that bike!

...when creative side isn't engaged, it would hafta be distracted, eh? Oh look, a cookie!

When I am not eating, baking or potting I am helping my husband,  he decided to make a man cave in  the basement.  He bounces ideas off of me and I help decide where outlets and lights should go.  He knows how to plumb and wire and all of the technical aspects but hasn't had much experience with layout.  I have more experience in that area.   I am making tile for the shower that he is installing.    He started working on this a couple of months ago,  sheltering in  he works on it more but also makes it harder to buy hardware.    We have been trying to do something different everyday to keep us from sane.    Last night we roasted hot dogs over a pit fire on our patio,  Tuesday we split a order of fried chicken from a drive thru and later went to a Braums for a small yogurt cone special.  Tomorrow we pick up our groceries,  what a exciting life we have.     Denice

Just finished puting 4 coats of hand rubbed oil with #4 OOOO steel wool on our newly custom made Cherry wood desk(made by a friend) with full drawer extensions. It going in newly remodeled office on out new maple floor. I operate my business from this desk.Full file drawer and two other drawers. We also have a 4 drawer file cabnet. This project was a big one and will complete all home inside remodeling . All done soon after the stuff goes back in but we are going thru it all 1st so its time consuming.

I had to move our internet cable as well(new outlet) . Redid the baseboard finish when I had them out and painted room and put in flush mount LED lights as well.

The room is trimed in oak-floor is maple and desk is Cherry I  still need to cut bifold closet doors down (fir) and also need to paint upper closet

IMG_2575.jpeg

IMG_2576.jpeg

IMG_2578.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Pres said:

Excellent. . . watercolor? Lonely shore line nicely done.From and old retired art teacher.

best,

Pres

Yes Pres, and thank you! Watercolor. From recent trip to Maine.  Quite some time before I'm able to go back, so now, just remembering.

Great desk project Mark!  Nicely done.

My family used to travelcamp the Eastern seaboard going up as far as NewFoundland. Back in the 70's and 80's the area was like stepping into the 50's, motels were grouping of cabins along the road, and travelers were far and in between. We loved the Canadian Natl. Parks, ad they would have cooking shelters in the Maritimes. Fog would not lift until 10am most days, and the dampness was not great for early morning cooking, but the cooking shelters were always supplied with dry firewood and two wood burning stoves. We would often party with folks from all over sharing the pass arounds. Great country, wonderful scenery and friendly travelers.

best,

Pres

Great job on the finish Marc and your friend makes a really nice piece of furniture.   I am going to try ebonizing red oak cabinets when we get to the bar area of our basement,  I was going to paint them black  but I thought ebonizing would be interesting to try.  The ebony wood finish might make the cheap unfinished cabinets a little nicer than paint.   What I have learned about the process is that it is perfect for a perfectionist like me.   I probably won't work on  it until fall.     Denice

Wife just told me that tart cherries are supposedly very good for arthritis problems. As far as the cramping, I have problems with the palm muscle contracting terribly, can't seem to work it out. I have found by putting them in cold water, really icy cold, and then shocking them with hot seems to work. Have to let each soak in a few minutes. I usually follow this with some hand cream and strong massage of the hands.

best,

Pres

10 hours ago, Mark C. said:

Just finished puting 4 coats of hand rubbed oil with #4 OOOO steel wool on our newly custom made Cherry wood desk(made by a friend) with full drawer extensions. It going in newly remodeled office on out new maple floor. I operate my business from this desk.Full file drawer and two other drawers. We also have a 4 drawer file cabnet. This project was a big one and will complete all home inside remodeling . All done soon after the stuff goes back in but we are going thru it all 1st so its time consuming.

I had to move our internet cable as well(new outlet) . Redid the baseboard finish when I had them out and painted room and put in flush mount LED lights as well.

The room is trimed in oak-floor is maple and desk is Cherry I  still need to cut bifold closet doors down (fir) and also need to paint upper closet

IMG_2575.jpeg

IMG_2576.jpeg

IMG_2578.jpeg

Mark, nice desk, simple mission style ish. I love well made wooden pieces. Nice in the room with that fine floor.

best,

Pres

Archived