Is this decal?

Sorry to post such a mug on this forum for artists, but I've been trying to figure out how the crisp image like this is printed on the mug.
I've done decal work and they're nowhere near the sharpness or brightness of color like in this mug. Is this sublimated ? 

notoriousrbg_1024x1024.jpeg

I looked into something like this a while back as I wanted to print my astronomy pictures on some of my pottery, but in the process I found, the printer is 15k and you have to use some proprietary commercial glaze formula for the picture to print on it, then bake at 1000f.

I could not find any source that would print on my mug, for any cost.

A local painter provides high res image files to a service provider (in the Five Cities area) that has equipment to create fired on transfers.

The painter has them fired on ceramic square tiles - the result, marketed as a trivet (withstanding "up to 400F") and/or wall hanging sold very well at an event I participated in ...I'm not finding the service provider, however, am finding a few other local painters that offer similar trivet type reproduction of their paintings - the process cost may be reasonably priced, for the trivets I'm seeing retail $26-30.

Any road, will keep an eye out for the painter, and ask about the process and provider (again - I forgot the name).

Archived