Surprisingly, I have some stuff that has been fired, that still has pencil on the bottom.  We wrote numbers and took photos before firing.  Most surprised to see pencil marks still there.

So, is it matters, remove before firing.

Sometimes you don't want the lines or marks to go away...I mark all my pieces with a code (or serial #) that corresponds to a drawing and photo with a description of the glaze process used to achieve a particular look. This allows me to go back into my files to regenerate a look that a customer likes on a new piece. The code is written with a glaze pencil and doesn't burn off...

696554128_Codesample1.jpg.890a4bba9bf1746ed817e7d0b4326fad.jpg526027800_Codesample2.jpg.eaf17e3fa22f487481f903279c5901e8.jpg864681798_Codesample3.jpg.38b9c36141c705dd3bf91256a41bfe28.jpg

On 11/7/2019 at 8:37 PM, Chilly said:

Surprisingly, I have some stuff that has been fired, that still has pencil on the bottom.  We wrote numbers and took photos before firing.  Most surprised to see pencil marks still there.

So, is it matters, remove before firing.

Was it a coloured pencil?

Black instead of a "lead"?

1 hour ago, Babs said:

Was it a coloured pencil?

Black instead of a "lead"?

Good question @Babs.  I don't know.  Thinking it was  a "normal" pencil, not a colouring one.  I'll try to remember and take some pics on Wednesday,.  I'm sure some of the pots are still on the shelf at the centre.

Archived