new forum software????? does this scare anyone else? do we have to????

oldlady

@LeeU and @oldlady, click on the banner that Jennifer posted at the top of the forum, it gives some details. This isn't going to be like the big change that happened a couple years ago, more along the lines of updates. Think of it like a tuneup for your car, necessary to keep things running smoothly. 

I almost never post photos in the Gallery. It's been so long I actually forgot how to even find my place in it--Old Lady had to remind me. The awful-awful chore of having to resize every single daggone pic ... bummer. I spent hours (hours!) today resizing pics because I really would like to add them at some point. It did not feel productive--just an annoying time-drain. My wish for any update would be to upgrade to a normal photo program so we could just simply add pics, no muss, no fuss. 

Finally found "the banner"...duh. 

If you have MicroSoft Office Picture Manager it is easy to re-size.

Click "Edit Pictures".

Click on "Compress Pictures".

I always choose "Documents", then Click OK. Will compress the pic down to about 300 KB or less.

Save this new pic with the "Save As" button under the "File" tab. 

17 minutes ago, Babs said:

Ok feel more secure by the monent.

Luam if you have rurile in both yoyr glazes it can produce a matte.

John Britt proved that on one of his video

Referring to your double dip in strontium post

Nope, it was lynettes opal (https://glazy.org/recipes/11439) over alisa klaussens 'the one' (https://glazy.org/recipes/17429)

It didn't even do that on every piece, just a weird one

Could be!  If you look at the turquoise recipe it's not only full of bentonite (4%!!!), but it also is flocculated with Epsom salts!  I think it's just to get it on thick enough.   I'll probably abandon this one and try to find a better turquoise matte later.  I've got one more experiment to do before giving up on it... And that's putting it over strontium crystal magic to see if it does anything cool.

The one?

Looking at the chemistry of this it’s hard to find anything redeeming about it. Pretty sure it likely is not very durable in comparison. Flux ratio seems to cry out decorative only.  Not a prime liner glaze in my opinion which generally means putting stuff over it will usually not save it.

so the Epsom salt provides 0.15 MgO, interesting!

good luck!

12 minutes ago, Bill Kielb said:

The one?

Looking at the chemistry of this it’s hard to find anything redeeming about it. Pretty sure it likely is not very durable in comparison. Flux ratio seems to cry out decorative only.  Not a prime liner glaze in my opinion which generally means putting stuff over it will usually not save it.

so the Epsom salt provides 0.15 MgO, interesting!

good luck!

Yep it's for decoration.  Wanted to do a nice matte turquoise on these large vases, but I need to throw a waster vase to test it on first.  If it streaks with scm under it, I would really like that

Archived