Forums page layout

Hulk

Hi All,

Regarding the Recent Posts layout change concern.

I'm curious, how does the Forums/Browse page look for others?

I'm seeing the right hand column about split, where the top half is Recent Posts and the bottom half is Status Updates.

Here's a screenshot (where I'm logged in under an account I registered for testing).
Right now, there's five Recent Posts.
I've cropped the bottom half of the page; there's another four or five Status Update entries down there.

snip.jpg.8b8cc7aafc06ea5755c73099605f54e9.jpg

Is this what other Forum members are seeing?

I hadn't noticed any changes.
How is it different than before?

Edited by Hulk
add highlights

What's different here is that you have 2 posts for QOTW and 2 posts for Paragon Kiln and one for Kiln wash. In the previous edition there would be one post for QOTW with the author's name and an indication of how many responses, but there would also be 4 other different questions with the author's name and number of responses. I've seen pages where there would be 4 responses to the same question instead of a varied spread. I'd rather have a choice of topics, some of which I may be interested in and some not so much. Change is not always good IMHO...

That's how it looks for me, not sure how the layout is for non-desktop users. 

I agree with JohnnyK that the old list of topics with new posts was better than the new recent posts list.

Here's what is used to be using wayback machine.

966867074_Screenshotfrom2023-03-2108-55-21.png.c02e84bbb8ca4bd8d078d51f98084799.png

Edited by High Bridge Pottery

I'm seeing two columns on the Forum/Browse page, where the first column is the subforums, the second column has the Topics and Recent Updates.

That wide subforum column lists each subforum where the entries include the name, a description, the Moderator, post count, and a link to the most recently updated thread.
Is it the links (red arrow) that you are referring to Lee?

snipii.jpg.cf55c35970ca926e0060631a3f9f48fc.jpg

I never look at that view, but if it bothers people there are other ways of viewing posts....

I click on "unread content" and browse from there.  I sometimes click on browse and click the big button beside equipment, to mark them as read, as most of that category goes over my head.

image.png.88fd2a3d72186e4dd3fa64ba94f87103.png

On 3/24/2023 at 12:58 AM, Hulk said:

(red arrow)

Yep--thanks. My cognition has fits and starts these days-as soon as you described it, I  "got it"-dunno why I didn't see it in the 1st place. Oh well---that's the kind of thing I'm learning to get used to-could be worse!