^6 oxidation celadon

Just thought I'd throw these out there. ^6 Oxidation faux celadon on ^6 porcelain.

Selsor Faux Celedon ^6 Oxidation (hold for 20 minutes)
Whiting 18.5
Neph Syen 25.8
EPK 18.8
Silica 31.1
Gerstley B 4.6
Copper carb 0.3
Mason #6600 Black 0.02 
celedon6mug.jpg.981a133f90cd6b17d78c5d48634b01a5.jpg
Edited by Marcia Selsor

Gorgeous. I cannot tell you how much this warms my heart. Thank you. At school in the electric kiln a touch of copper and a trace of 6600 does the job. In my home studio, cone 6 reduction soda, your work on glazes helped launch me on an odyssey of believing it was possible. Just a bit of iron, 2%. I’ve come a long way since. Thank you. I’m not alone in saying this: Like it or not, you’re a rock star. (Sorry if this is off topic!)

C80E654B-2210-48CE-9B9D-17E10C7B2EA0.jpeg

Edited by Kelly in AK

I also have it my glaze book but I don't remember the 20 minute hold.   What temperature do you hold it at?   I bought myself a XL Caldera test kiln recently,  I have already ran 20 test firings.  Using it has inspired me to buy a new kiln.   I bought a kiln several years ago for $300,  it had only been fired once,  there is a lot of things I don't like about it.   I think I will start shopping after I get my new  mural fired.   Denice

Retired. . . .who is retired. . . . Seems like I am settling well into another life, bowling 3 times a week, just getting ready to start restocking shelves in the library for more reading, have heat replacement to install in the shop, and undecorating for Christmas yet to complete. Seems like I work more now than when in my past life.

best,

Pres

that previous life went by at 100 miles and hour, you were too busy to notice all the things you do now as separate from the old daily rat race.   now you have a few more minutes to notice that you still have to work.  the new work is called "chores" and are with us forever.

we all need time to look around at how beautiful life can be if we just sit down and breathe once in a while.

Edited by oldlady