Clay times magazine

This is a magazine that I have always thought so very welcoming and useful.  While cleaning I came across a past issue and wondered where my recent issues are.  Looking became searching and I can't find any since Spring/summer 2018 (my subscription was longer than that), my subscription must have ended, without a renewal notice, or the magazine died...a while ago.  Their website references my last issue received -and a phone call goes to a machine. Did I miss its demise?  I always felt it was such a good magazine filled with useful info both for the new aspiring potter and those experienced.  Does anyone know where it is or what happened?

Diz

1 hour ago, Diz said:

This is a magazine that I have always thought so very welcoming and useful.  While cleaning I came across a past issue and wondered where my recent issues are.  Looking became searching and I can't find any since Spring/summer 2018 (my subscription was longer than that), my subscription must have ended, without a renewal notice, or the magazine died...a while ago.  Their website references my last issue received -and a phone call goes to a machine. Did I miss its demise?  I always felt it was such a good magazine filled with useful info both for the new aspiring potter and those experienced.  Does anyone know where it is or what happened?

Diz

No idea, I paid for a subscription a few years ago and it never arrived.  I had to file a dispute with my credit card company because they never responded.

I'm guessing whoever ran it died.

I had a subscription. The latest one I can find the label indicates my subscription was through 2017, but I don't see anything in my checkbook to indicate a renewal. Polly was a notable in the local clay community here, and it was nice to have this great magazine with local roots. Polly had some hard times happen in her personal life, and then she moved to Florida and the magazine sorta fell off the horizon. Interesting to see this new website suggests she is doing something with it, but alas, none of the links resolve to a functional page to buy anything.

Clay Times was a fine magazine that has fallen on poor times. Much of the content is pre 2018, and now that content seems to be available on line for a fee. If it ever returns, I will be one to subscribe as we can never get enough reading about ceramics. . . especially fresh stuff. I have/had many of the copies from their last 10 years, but have donated some to the HS and have some stored away while building a library.

best,

Pres

Thanks so much for the info - not exactly what I wanted to hear.  Spring/ Summer 2018 is the last issue I received with my subscription to extend  for another year.  Thanks for the offer to share your existing magazines but I have every issue printed, back to where it was more of a printed newsletter in the beginning.  To students I always described Clay Ties as the magazine where the authors said "I made this and this is how you can too'.  Articles shared info freely and you could tell the potter loved what he/she was doing.  Hopefully someone else will start another printed magazine as I am one who loves to have the paper  in my hand rather than a computer screen.

Thanks again for the responses- this forum is another priceless font of information.

Stay healthy and with dirty hands, arms,clothes....

Diz

Archived