Sign in to follow this  
Russ

posting a status update

Hit the drop down arrow next to your name on the upper right by the avatar. Then hit Profile; under Activity and post your update in "add public message" to your own  feed. Theoretically that should do it. :)

When logged in to the Forum go to your avatar in the upper right corner of the screen and "Profile" then "Edit Profile". To have the Status Updates option you have to click the green tab to opt into it, it isn't automatic. Once this is done then when you are logged in the "Recent Status Updates" window will be open and you can type your Status Updates (in the box just below the title).

356689793_ScreenShot2018-12-17at4_19_29PM.png.f2216c0ea2ae2098a76d2eb161c2e32a.png

Thank you Min! That's all it took...  why wouldn't the default be "on" instead of having to try to figure all this out? Can I be in the secret society now that I know the secret handshake?

Hi Russ, glad you got it sorted. I don't know if the protocol can be changed to an opt out rather than an opt in setting but I'll try and find out.

Hi Gabby, that box doesn't show up if you haven't okayed posting Status Updates on your profile page. If you  unclick the tab I posted in my post above you will see the box is no longer there.