Need Handle Help

I been using a circle shaped coil cutter .. I pull it through the clay, then shape it with a metal rib by pulling it over the coil.. then flip it and do the other side and i trim it to the width i need... when i get to this point it kinda looks like a tapered railroad spike, then its ready for water and pulling... its pretty easy, im probably cheating lol but, i like the outcome...

As promised here is a really long video I made this morning of me pulling, attaching and shaping handles.

The video is an hour long. You can easily skip over the parts where I pull multiple handles quickly. I just included that in the video because, I don't know how to edit very well, and because I figured if you watched the pattern over and over it would become kinda easier. 

I just recorded this myself with my camera on my work desk, so it's kinda not the best and sometimes my hands go out of frame or my dog is making a racket in the background. Anyways, I hope it helps who ever needs it. I have made a lot of handles and this method I have gotten the best results with. 

Here is a link to the video: 

https://youtu.be/nJvy_deu8uw

And I have attached a picture of the handles I ended up using for mugs that day. A few of them will probably hit the trashcan as I dont like the shapes of them.

EDIT: I have edited the video using youtube's edit system. It was pretty awful but it did the job. I cut the video down to 30ish minutes. I took out all the extra handle pulling and mug attachments, and just kept it to 2 mugs attachments and 2 mug shaping. I feel thats probably all it needs anyways.

Thanks for the tips and help Joel and Pres. Hope someone finds it useful. Spent a long time doing it, but I figured people always want help making pulled handles.

post-63346-0-70220500-1452804621_thumb.jpg

post-63346-0-70220500-1452804621_thumb.jpg

Nice video :D it is always funny to hear people talk and change the voice I make up for you in my head. Enjoyed seeing your studio and handles. I still don't like pulling them off the mug, I am cack handed so always snap/deform them too much.

Youtube have a built in editor if you just want to remove a large chunk of a shot or take one out all together. An hour is a bit of a long one.

Another thought on video of this sort is to separate the audio from the video, remove every other or every third frame, and edit the audio to fit the length of the new video. Most editors have a frame removal feature.

best,

Pres

I really have no skills for this type of stuff. I just figured people could skip through. I am not doing it for any kind of promotion or anything. I just figured I would be thorough like I was showing someone in my garage.

I will tinker with it when I get home. I am sure I could remove 30 minutes very easy.

Edit: I edited it to 30 minutes. I dont think youtube has finished processing it yet, but I removed a bunch.

Archived