#21 jrgpots

jrgpots

The hands can express the soul

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationHurricane, Utah

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

Used some new skin today and it worked . Some did peel off but it stayed over the cut which was important. It reminded me of super glue but it has antibiotics in it. thanks Chris for the suggestion. I like it. I was able to work with a nasty cut on my index finger.

Marcia

I keep New Skin in my classroom, as it does work well, when protecting the wound, while working with clay. It is like super glue, especially in the fact, it will burn like crazy right when you put it on. It will peel off after a while, as it isn't nearly as elastic as your skin. The other downside, it takes a couple minutes to dry fully, which can be annoying. Though, as Marcia stated, it does have antibiotics in it, so that's a nice bonus you won't get from super glue.

When I was in college, I had an abrasion on my centering hand, from the constant wearing from the grog. So I used Liquid Band-Aid. It is a two part product, with a swab, and some drops you put on the swab to activate it, then wipe it on. It doesn't sting like New Skin, and makes a nice little temporary seal. However, only so many of the swabs come with the kit, and you end up with more of the liquid drops, than swabs....It's like the hot dog/ hot dog bun conspiracy.
Also, the Liquid Band-Aid did not hold up very long against the grog either. Still, it was better than dealing with the discomfort, from having a tender spot on my hand, continually assaulted by what is essentially tiny bits of broken glass.

About the hot dog and bun issue, ...... does any one here have a similar problem with mugs and plates? I know I have way more mugs than plates.....just thinking aloud.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users