Small gift ideas for potters

I am putting on a workshop in May and I would like to put together a little gift bag for each participant. What kind of things would you like to see in a gift bag at a pottery workshop. there are 28 participants in total so it cannot be too expensive, but want something that they will not just throw away when they get home.

I thought about getting some tools, but small tools are something that everyone would already have and there are as many tools as there are people who like them, so I could not get something everyone would want.

So what are your ideas?

I am putting on a workshop in May and I would like to put together a little gift bag for each participant. What kind of things would you like to see in a gift bag at a pottery workshop. there are 28 participants in total so it cannot be too expensive, but want something that they will not just throw away when they get home.

I thought about getting some tools, but small tools are something that everyone would already have and there are as many tools as there are people who like them, so I could not get something everyone would want.

So what are your ideas?

Make some hand built chop stick holders for each.And also give some nice chopsticks along with.

Mark

Being a former graphic designer, I would consider items that can be imprinted with the Northwest Clay Club name or logo:

pens or pencils

notepads or post-its

rulers

small hand towel

the tote bag itself?

Do a google search for "custom promotional items" and you'll find a lot more ideas.

Also, include some form of chocolate.

Mea

I know it's some work but I am always thrilled to a something made by the artist at the workshop, something that is your style would be great. Something fun like a ceramic rib would be easy to make and unique could also work. Denice

• 3 weeks later...

What about Denim aprons with their names embroidered on them?

It would kill two birds with one stone. name tags and all students will look the same.

What do you think?

That's a good idea, because what potter/ ceramicists, couldn't use another apron?

I also like the suggestion of having each attendee, bring one of their own objects, and have an exchange.

• 1 month later...

Along with the apron idea, what about towels? Teatowels/hand towels/golf towels are small and can be embroidered if you wish - and who can't use an extra towel around the studio? smile.gif

(Now that it's already May...where did April go??)

Along with the apron idea, what about towels? Teatowels/hand towels/golf towels are small and can be embroidered if you wish - and who can't use an extra towel around the studio? smile.gif

I like to throw with a bath towel on my lap, but a tea towel would work.

A shot glass or guinomi or a yunomi.

Dear All,

I have been to workshops on two occasions where we made silk screen t-shirts. The design was usually a theme of the pottery teachers work (i.e., an image of some type of work they were known for making). A second take-away I received were some great wooden ribs that were cut out and sanded by the instructor. Both were great reminders of the workshops I attended. I wear my t-shirt proudly and use the ribs in my studio all the time.

Nelly

Guest JBaymore

When in Japan I very often frequent onsen (hot volcanic springs). Onsen supply you with small "privacy" towels....... (yeah... at onsen you are naked) ...... that are about the size of the typical US dish towel. Each is labeled with the onsen's logo. It has gotten to the point that I sort of "collect" them. It turns out that I find they are very handy for using when throwing to wipe the hands when needed (remember... I do throw very dry). So the dish towel idea sounds internesting to me.... particularly if you enbroider/print them with info on the particular workshop and/or the person's name.

best,

..................john

The tea towel is a great idea, but I went with Denim aprons with each persons name on it. Each person had their name on it so it was easy to start a conversation with participants. They were a big hit, I even made one for the instructor Simon. Thanks for the great ideas for next time.

Archived