Fix Solidified Liquid Wax?

You could make a hockey puk  with it and pretend your playing hockey in LA,Ca in the Stanley cup?

Now when I think of LA,California I always think hockey. Who the heck dreams up this madness?

May be TJR can answer this one I think you have to play hockey in kindergarden in Canada?

Mark

For all of us that have similar stuff.  Heat it up and tell us what it does.  After all you cant screw it up.

I was thinking about that.  But as I understand it, in it's usable state it's an emulsion, which is a mixture of two substances that don't mix under normal conditions... like oil and water.  I don't know what the manufacturer does to mix them, though I'm reading that kinetic energy is typical... shaking, blending, ultrasound.

Won't hurt to play around with it, I suppose.

Yeah, the liquid wax I use has a label warning against freezing. I believe my supplier won't even ship it in the winter months.

Have you guys heard of heated vans? We have them in Canada. You cannot freeze clay either. Or vegetables come to think of it.

T.

You could make a hockey puk  with it and pretend your playing hockey in LA,Ca in the Stanley cup?

Now when I think of LA,California I always think hockey. Who the heck dreams up this madness?

May be TJR can answer this one I think you have to play hockey in kindergarden in Canada?

Mark

We want our kids to get teeth before they get knocked out with a hockey puck. I did know guys in grade 6 who had lost all their front teeth from playing hockey. This was before the invention of mouth guards, and goalie masks.

You could make a hockey puk with it and pretend your playing hockey in LA,Ca in the Stanley cup?

Mark

Hmmm, don't remember being obliged to play hockey in gym class until grade 7 at least...

They do have skating classes for preschoolers in my area, though (;

Yes, to stay on topic, your wax is shot. I have had to chuck an almost full 1L bottle because it froze.

You might go old school and melt the clump of wax into thinner... (Mineral spirits)

You shouldn't need to heat it directly on a stove. Pour some hot water around a glass canning jar to melt the mix.

I doubt you will be able to make it back into water based wax at home.

You would kneed to know what was originally in the wax emulsion and be a chemistry wiz.

Its under 10 bucks for a fresh small bottle, and at that price, for me, it's not worth the hassle.

If you are in a rush, and need it right away, the thinner would probably work.

Yeah, the liquid wax I use has a label warning against freezing. I believe my supplier won't even ship it in the winter months.

Have you guys heard of heated vans? We have them in Canada. You cannot freeze clay either. Or vegetables come to think of it.

T.

We don't require heated transport vehicles, nearly as much as Nature's Giant Walk in Freezer, that is Canada...hehe.

I think the issue is, that the supply company can't/ won't guarantee that the shipping company they use, will put your order in an insulated/ heated vehicle.  

After over a week of beautiful weather, with highs in the mid 70's F, and lows in the 50's F, the dew point has dramatically increased, as have the temps.  We are supposed to have several days in the upper 80's to lower 90's, with a storm chance each night.  That means, the lovely mix of hot and humid.  I liked not running the air.  I'm going to have to close up the house, and start throwing money at the electric company.

As long as it's not as bad as the last two summers, highs in the 90's and lower 100's, with little rain, I'll be happy.  Those summers were miserable.  You'd walk outside and it would feel like opening an oven.  I could have candled wares outside!

How expensive is this stuff, liquid wax????

Rug up TJR  just about summer solstice and its all down hill from there, better have a day oor two in the sum by one of the many lakes and get mozzi bit or equivalent

Archived