Broke a small piece off of my pot on accident, can I use superglue to put it back together?

The piece has already been fired once, so I can't do the patch repair that I've seen a couple people suggest on other questions. I had a small vine coming off the top of the handle, and the piece that broke off sticks straight up, so gravity is against me, but the part that broke off is small, so I'm hoping it might stay in place. I've never attempted to glue something before firing, so I don't know if the glue will slide around, melt onto the piece, affect the glaze, or just burn off. If anybody has any suggestions or experience, I would love to hear it! 

Glue will burn off. You can glue it on and then glaze it, and the glaze will fuse it in place, but only if it's a small piece and it will sit in place without any glue. If it won't wit in place then once the glue burns off and the glaze melts the piece will just fall off. It has to be able to stay put with just gravity.

It's not so much that it will fall off AFTER the firing as much as it will probably fall off DURING the firing.  At which point it will land on your piece in a most undesirable way. Then you have a real annoyance to deal with.

If it's a prized piece run a few tests before you commit to any "attachment" method. (Most fail in my experience.)

As Oldlady suggests it's probably best to sand down the point of the crack, before glaze firing, and accept that it was not meant to be part of the design. More than likely, you'll receive compliments, either way.

• 3 weeks later...

Once on a sculpted piece I used a paper clay slip to glue back on a piece that came off during the bisque fire. 
take thick slip from the bottom or sides from your throwing bucket. Then take some toilet paper (cheap thin stuff works better in this case) and shred it into the slip. You can add a drop of peroxide and  a big squeeze of Elmer’s glue and if it’s too thin add more thick slip.  The clay/toilet paper combo will absorb both sides together and help them actually bind with the clay. 
only rule I would say is that once I ever repair a piece, it’s for me and never for sale.