EPK shortage?

Morgan

6 hours ago, neilestrick said:

If you need it for glazes, just about any kaolin will work. I've used Sapphire, grolleg, Tile 6, etc, without problems.

I do need it but not anytime soon, this was more of a question if there are any updates on it. Most of my glazes actually prefer grolleg but it is a tad pricier usually, but if it comes to it later tile 6 is fine for sure.  Talking to Laguna they were fairly tight lipped on any updates or timeframes. Anyway, just curious. Thanks!

Thanks Mark ^^ thats seems like a likely explanation, cheers

• 4 months later...

So I have some EPK news

They got hit (the mine) a year or two ago with a big hurricane  and then the vein they where mining ran out and they have had to move the whole operation (lots of machinery) to another site on the property. They are now back up and shipping it out once again

I still had two bags as I'm a hoarder of materials-which is a good thing if its your business

I was searching through my supplies yesterday  checking out my Kaolin clays  for mixing my white slip tests.  My largest supply is EPK,  does anyone have a different Kaolin that they think I should test.   The only thing I was totally out of was Lithium,  then I remembered the last time I got supplies it was so expensive I decided to wait until I really needed it.     Denice