Electrician cut off my brand new kiln plug without asking…

I got a brand new kiln, skutt 822 240 volts with a 6-50 plug. Brand new, still in the base packing materials. Electricians came to install outlet for the kiln. Ran conduit, looked great. They left and I realized the cord exterior at the plug had been shaved down for it to fit into a new plug head, a nema 10-50. The warranty on my brand new kiln clearly states the warrant does not cover products altered from factory standard condition. I was present the entire installation, but not in the same room as the electricians. They conferred with me several times throughout the process. They never asked me if they could cut the plug off of my brand new kiln. I’ve called and left a voicemail. No response yet. Wondering how upset I should be about this? Is this typical when installing a kiln and I’m worried for nothing?  Any help would be appreciated!! I tried to attach a photo but says file too large?

Sounds pretty dodgy, I don't know much about USA plugs but had a quick wiki read and the 10 plugs seem to say they have been phased out as they are not grounded? I will let somebody else who know more answer but there's really no need to cut off a brand new kiln plug.

Make image smaller:

if you go to https://cloudconvert.com 

click 'select file' and choose the image you want to resize

change the 'convert to' dropdown so that you have jpeg selected

click the spanner icon and find where it says 'Quality' and input 60 into the box then click ok

Now click convert and download your image, if it is still too big reduce the number you enter into the quality box.

I'd be mad. They should have installed the outlet to match your kiln, not modify your kiln without asking you. It's pure laziness, and because they modified it, they may have voided the warranty and/or UL listing. Make them replace the outlet with a 6-50 and make them buy and install a new power cord.

50 minutes ago, neilestrick said:

I'd be mad. They should have installed the outlet to match your kiln, not modify your kiln without asking you. It's pure laziness, and because they modified it, they may have voided the warranty and/or UL listing. Make them replace the outlet with a 6-50 and make them buy and install a new power cord.

Yes I second this -its unprofessional -Tell them its voids your warrenty and insist they make it right

So here’s the new plug, you can see how they shaved off the cord exterior. The original plug was obviously the same color as the cord, not black. Talked to the business I bought the kiln from and they agreed the electricians had no reason to do this and should take responsibility for it. The owner of the electrician business bought me a new skutt kiln power cord and is ordering the correct receptacle and will install both on Monday. Thank you for your insights, very much appreciated!! Still can’t believe they cut my plug off lol!!

1 hour ago, Jessica2023 said:

So here’s the new plug, you can see how they shaved off the cord exterior. The original plug was obviously the same color as the cord, not black. Talked to the business I bought the kiln from and they agreed the electricians had no reason to do this and should take responsibility for it. The owner of the electrician business bought me a new skutt kiln power cord and is ordering the correct receptacle and will install both on Monday. Thank you for your insights, very much appreciated!! Still can’t believe they cut my plug off lol!!

Very unprofessional!  But glad they are making it right!