In my 50 years this has never happened.

So last night I got a message on facebook from a fellow Board member (art show board)

Seems a hoarder with money passed away and their is an estate sale this weekend. The photos show a few huge tables of packed to the gills with my work as well as a large floor area . The Estate guy was posting lots of photos of tons of collected stuff  as this women had  passed away and collected huge volumes of work . I called him an hour after the post went up to ask whats the deal. He said he was in a huge time crunch to emepty the house . He was not autioning it but hoping to sell it piece by piece ,nothing is priced. I let him know i made all that pottery . Looks to be about 8-12 boxes full. I said if the price was right I'll take it all. He siad any reasonable offer he would take. Now In all my ceramics life I =have never bought my work back from anyone. The pots look all new and not used as there was too much volume to use -she was collecting not using. He said since you are the maker how about coming a day early and see what you want so today at noon I'm going. My plan is buy it for about 25%of retail tops. . Then just put it into my inventory . I have a pile of cash to sweeten the deal. Tbis may all go south today just as easy so its far from a done deal but its one heck of a strange deal. The forms are glasses ,mugs and bowls of all sizes from stacks of large serving to cereal bowls. I can see few pots that are not mine (not interested in) in the mix as well. I'll post the outcome.

This is the most work of any one single customer by far and it looks like it was mostly bought at my gallery outlets.I can tell by the colors (some now discontinued) and color combos of when the work was made. I had no idea anyone custiomer pould ever own this much stuff from me. I'm hoping I may have known her as well. we shall see today-its a strange world out there.

Ok I showed up at noon and others where walking thru house buying up stuff. Looks like a small amount of my work had sold . . But the tables where still stuffed.I told the fellow for me its all or nothing deal. I made a quik  rough list and  and down sized my offer to 450 $ cash. I said I have the boxes and paper and will take only my work as there was other ceramics mixed in especailly on the floor under tables (not in the photos)He took the offer which is about 16 mugs for me sales wise these days. I boxed it into 6 Banana boxes  full and dollyed it out feeling great. The womans sister spoke to me and said the lady (her sister) had a stroke and was in full time care now in North Caralina.I said she had the most work of any customer I ever knew  of and gave her my card to thank the sister . I have never met here as 99% of all the work was from a few outlets and they all had the price labels and cards inside of them. Not my own show price labels but those of my Eureka outlets. The largest amout of stuff was from a co-op organic market I pulled out of a year ago as I am slowing it down with a plan. I put a care and feeding tag in every pot  then and all those where still in every pot. Now I have a nearly a 35 cubic feet whole  kiln worth of new old stock. Its insane really. In my 50 years I never in my dreams would expect this to happen. I'm selling the stock twice this time without having to make or glaze or fire it.  Of couse prices have risen since I sold this  originally so I'm really ahead . I'm making 4 dinner plates for the friend who sent me the info last night. She really came thru for me.

There where two tables of pots  like the one photo  as well as a bunch on the floor

Just when you think you have seen or heard it all   -boom something new surfaces .

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 5.31.37 PM 2.png

Edited by Mark C.