Wow a 4th of July at home

Since 1973 I have done a 4th of July show. I started as a young pup on the street (20 years old) with a few boxes and a batik cover(no table).hawking my wares.

This year no shows so I wll have leisurely morning with coffee then work on the boat bottom paint job. A friend caught a Halibit today and is dropping some fish by in am and I'll BBQ it along with the rest of the country .I get to experience a 4th without selling pottery-its been a good 47 year run.

I also realized this may be my last 4th of July show.I'm getting burned out on that 1 day show. The best thing about the show is it tells me what inventory is in the van and what I need to make for my best show of my year in a month from then in early August.I could unload the van skip the show and do the same thing or unload make  some $ and know  and do the show and see whats needed. I'm on the fence right now for next year.I have some time to think it thru.Meanwhile its quarantine whileas other have said.

Same house for 47 years -same job- no kids. Wife (1st) for 26 of those years.

staying home all day-been working on boat-firing an electric bisque-gas bisque was yesterday -Big glaze clay week staring Monday.Going to be in garden today as well-corn is 6 feet tall now.

4 hours ago, Mark C. said:

Same house for 47 years -same job- no kids. Wife (1st) for 26 of those years.

staying home all day-been working on boat-firing an electric bisque-gas bisque was yesterday -Big glaze clay week staring Monday.Going to be in garden today as well-corn is 6 feet tall now.

You ever thought about not bisquing for a weekend? :P

fireworks have started in the neighborhood.  dog is at my feet in 4 different places so far, hard to walk.  he is under the desk right now and if i move 5 feet he will follow me.

cat streaked by into the studio where there are nice dark places to hide under the tables, slab roller, corners with buckets between her and the scariness.    it is a shame that they don't speak english so i could explain that it will be over soon and it is only noise, not monsters.

3 hours ago, Pres said:

Yeah you programmable electric kiln jockey, think I'm jealous!:wacko:

best,

Pres

Not so fast-I have a Manuel kiln with a fire right contoller that ramps it up so I turn it on set that controller say for 4. keep the lid open for few hours and in 4 hours the kiln is on full on high (the (switches are always set to high ) the kiln sitter turns it off and the timer is a back up. I still check it to see that it went off.

2 hours ago, Callie Beller Diesel said:

So? How did it feel?

Worked on boat and garden-fired a bisque-BBQ fresh halibut for dinner-Put up with noisy fireworks from a bit away properties after dark.

I was not near a tired but also had no bag of cash either. Felt strange to be home all day that day. This show was the 1st on my next show to drop and I'm thinking thats what I may do next year just stay home and work.My new wholesale outlet will far exceed this venue in revenue anyway.

We live in the only city that allows fireworks for about 20 mile radius so our 4th is an absolute war zone. Took my dogs for a walk around 11 and as always they never even took notice.  I'm guessing they're immune due to the fact that they were raised with 2 young boys that can make way more noise than any fireworks known to man lol.  The fireworks were actually a reprieve in our household because the boys had something else to focus on.

Time to grill up all the food we didn't get around to eating last night!  One of these days I'll find out what it's like to miss out on a 4th of July show, actually had one scheduled this year too.   Oh well, maybe next year, will have lots of extra pots saved up.

Archived