Computer doesn't boot

i have a used Cress kiln with the touch pad computer. for a while the power switch was stuck in the on position, which I got tired of, so I took the switch out, cleaned it and lubricated it with wd-40, Now the switch is super smooth, but doesn't hold in the on position now.. On top of this, the computer itself won't boot. Has anyone had their computer just not fire off? or anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to get it up and going again?

24 minutes ago, Scott Cargill said:

i have a used Cress kiln with the touch pad computer. for a while the power switch was stuck in the on position, which I got tired of, so I took the switch out, cleaned it and lubricated it with wd-40, Now the switch is super smooth, but doesn't hold in the on position now.. On top of this, the computer itself won't boot. Has anyone had their computer just not fire off? or anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to get it up and going again?

I hate to sound obvious but change the power switch for one that works. Likely your problems go away.

8 hours ago, Scott Cargill said:

the power switch was stuck in the on position, which I got tired of, so I took the switch out, cleaned it and lubricated it with wd-40,

To me that sounds like oiling your brakes because they squeak. You would have been better off just using a can of compressed air to blow out the switch.

Listen to Bill's advice

45 minutes ago, Scott Cargill said:

May well be it, Though In my defense the button does light up when held in. I think I'll buy a new switch though.

Any other ideas folks?

If the pilot light is built into the switch then there is a chance it lights but the switch has no output. If the pilot light is separate and illuminates when the switch is held in place then a wire is likely missed or the fuse is blown.  The controller comes on when voltage is supplied to the 24 v transformer so you could always trace back the leads from the transformer (primary side) and see what is not powered and why. We don’t know your model so there is no way to look at a wiring diagram and speculate. Some decent pictures of the switch and where the wires lead to are also something you could post.

4 hours ago, Bill Kielb said:

If the pilot light is built into the switch then there is a chance it lights but the switch has no output. If the pilot light is separate and illuminates when the switch is held in place then a wire is likely missed or the fuse is blown.  The controller comes on when voltage is supplied to the 24 v transformer so you could always trace back the leads from the transformer (primary side) and see what is not powered and why. We don’t know your model so there is no way to look at a wiring diagram and speculate. Some decent pictures of the switch and where the wires lead to are also something you could post.

Yea I should have thought of that originally as well. checking voltages with the mfg leads me to believe the transformer itself may be having a problem. easiest thing is to let Cress have it on their bench. THANK you all for your input. I've bookmarked this sight as super valuable.

3 hours ago, Mark C. said:

I would not worry as I tried to put boots on my computer but after many tries and hours  of talking to Apple they could not find a size boot that fit my desktop

I found a size 16 sock that fit instead .

How does tjat go in summer?

Summer approaching here I was thinking  thongs..flip flops forgotten usa name for those..dont know if come in size 16 ,ibsert ceramic one by  Jerry Wedd. Mambo Man, so maybe try for habachis instead

Screenshot_20200416-085237.jpg

Archived