Photo tutorial for the forum

How are you Uploading Photos (or not)?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. From what type of computer/device do you read and comment from?

• I read and comment from my PC desktop/laptop.
    • I read and comment from my Apple desktop/laptop.
    • I read and comment from my Iphone/Ipad.
    • I read and comment from my Android smartphone or other device.
    • Some combo thereof (please detail in the comments.)
  2. 2. Do you know how to edit your written posts if needed, or that you can add photos from your phone after you've written a post on the desktop?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Are you taking pictures with your phone, or with another camera? (Check the one you use the most if both)

• Phone
    • Camera

Hey Folks!

I have been asked to put together a tutorial about how to upload photos to posts, seeing as how we have a lot of questions about that. I'd like to understand how everyone posts, so I can provide screenshots and instructions that are tailored to how people use the site the most. I've kept it short and sweet, so if everyone could take a quick moment to fill it out, I'd appreciate it.

Callie

Hi @Callie Beller Diesel

I :

mainly use a desktop with full keyboard and mouse, running Windows 10 

sometimes a Microsoft surface Pro tablet, with touch screen and separate keyboard, although, like now, I usually use the on-screen keyboard, also Windows 10

Occasionally read threads on an android phone, rarely post or reply.

I think I wrote some instructions, but it might have been before the forum was upgraded.  I'll have a look, see what I can find.

2 hours ago, Callie Beller Diesel said:

Hey Folks!

I have been asked to put together a tutorial about how to upload photos to posts, seeing as how we have a lot of questions about that. I'd like to understand how everyone posts, so I can provide screenshots and instructions that are tailored to how people use the site the most. I've kept it short and sweet, so if everyone could take a quick moment to fill it out, I'd appreciate it.

Callie

I use all forms and all operating systems fairly equally. How about a quick instruction video or series for each os? I should add, happy to do one or two, really. Not trying to make extra work for you.

3 hours ago, Callie Beller Diesel said:

@Bill KielbI'll start with a written one, and see if I can turn it into a slide show, as time permits. I'm trying to practice some video skills.

Let us know if you need a particular OS such as: Here is a way to do it on an IPad, and here is a version for an android phone etc.....

@Callie Beller Diesel  

I've searched the forums for "Photo and tutorial".  Lots of old info, found a post from me saying I was having an  "e-mail" conversation with OldLady, and would post details later.

I've looked, can't find the e-mails :(

Looking at the old posts, I think everything has changed since then, so probably better to start again.  I'm happy to help if you need anything doing.  (I spent 20+ years writing IT courseware and training business executives). 

callie,  thank you for taking this on.  i have had a lot of trouble since i got windows 10 instead of my old windows 7.   i think most was due to my having a faulty mouse so that should be over now that i have a new one.

one thing that has always bothered me is that if i set up an album that has a timeline so the pictures follow in sequence, the album comes out backwards  showing the photos in the reverse order.    one of my albums has become a series of photos below the first one, not horizontally shown like the rest.   i have quit making any more albums.

can't wait to see your results.

I shoot photos on my iphone and transfer to my desktop Mac and email them to myself -during which  time I can downsize them thru the mac photo program

I tend to use my macbook pro laptop about 2/3 of the time when reading and or writing posts while drinking am coffee or lunch break with expresso. 1/3 of the time in office at large desktop Mac to do the same stuff.

Sometimes on the road or traveling abroad I will use my phone or iPad to read posts-rarely post from them.I like the keyboard of the MacBook Pro or desktop Mac

• 1 month later...

I'm quite new here on this forum, having joined just this week.

I  read and post from a MacBook.    Like Mark C I prefer the keyboard of my Mac whatever over an i-device.

Unlike Mark I use an iPhone or screen grabs on the Mac for any photo posts. Someday I may make an exception and use one of my other cameras but not typically.

Hope that helps and happy to be here.

Archived