Air Displacement in Slipcast Mold Design

I recently got a job to make an object that requires a 4-piece plaster mold. The design can be conceptualized as a extruded cylinder along a curved line that abruptly ends and is closed off at one end. The other end which will be open is where I will pour the slip. For some reason I cannot figure out how the air will be displaced as I fill the mold with slip, if you see my attached photo, is it possible to cast this object as it is designed? It's ridiculous that I'm having such a tough time figuring this out. I cannot use a sprue at the end simply because the object needs to be closed on that side. I am wondering if I would be able to cast it as designed and spin the mold around during casting to release the air from the end of the cylinder? I would love to hear how any of you would tackle this. The designed object is extremely simply yet I cannot figure a way to efficiently cast it as illustrated.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Cole

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 12.55.35 PM.png

8 hours ago, Rae Reich said:

Or cast both ends closed by having your pour hole on the bottom where it can be sealed later when you cut off the ends. You'll probably need some kind of flat area at the bottom, no?

yes make the bottom the pouring part(hole) and flip the mold upside down -the bottom can have the hole in it and will hidden and easy to clean up with both ends clearner as you are not cutting one off on poring end.

Archived