I have adamently resisted "doing" craft fairs and art shows (except as sponsored by my potters' guild) because I just plain don't want to, don't care for it, and don't think the money, at my low volume, it would ever be worth the wear & tear.  On the other hand, I often donate my wares, and sometimes my presence, for selected local non-profit fundraisers.  So, I have decided to participate in one that benefits the Titlon-Northfield Hall Memorial Library (NH). It is a  modest 1-day sidewalk event. I am having a blast just doing the DIY display planning and finding/making the set-up for my tables (5 foot on the horizontal and a 4 ft. coming forward on the right, to creat a "walk-in" space. No tent. I find I am actually looking forward to this.  I'm using Square for my payment processor and just love it. Will be featuring "smalls".  Here we have cutting signage, sorting items with notes for what is still needed to be done, and some purchased display supports. I made a bunch of key fobs, which look great on the spinner rack.

-.jpg

20190823_205211-.jpg

20190823_205324-.jpg

have fun!   the best part is meeting all the people who stop to look and perhaps buy.  hope you have a great time and make a lot of sales.   the key fob sounds like it suits your style of work.

Well, the deed is done. It was a non-event. The morning hours carried serious threats of rain-there was heavy competition from many other fairs and events statewide that weekend, and no signage (??!!) even at the entrance to the site. Nobody sold anything--literally (well, one vendor sold a $5 item-seriously-that was it!). 

Without knowing what I did over the weekend (organizing & packing up all that stuff, schlepping 3 tables and all the wares & display props out of the studio & into the car-unloading-setting up-breaking it down, re-packing, more schlepping, unpacking, etc. etc. and half of it was still in the back seat Tues.), on Monday my chiropractor told me that whatever it was, not to do it again! Took 3 times the usual adjustments to get me straight!  

I have decided that the only events I will do--if I do any at all--are those where they provide the tables! 

I think my low-budget set-up looked decent, tho. 25356579_CraftFair9-19.jpg.b6fd7a58cd76569a018e8b63dd1a775c.jpg