opinions about BIGCERAMICSTORE

Hi, I would like to have some opinion of you, about the store http://www.bigceramicstore.com/. I live in Peru, I made an online purchase at this store of a shimpo RK whisper wheel, but I was somewhat worried because they did not respond and I do not know when they sent my order to the address I gave them in NJ. My concern is that if it is a serious and responsible store, this wheel will then be sent by a friend to my country. Please, I would appreciate your comments, I hope to be calmer.

I just read the reviews and suggest you cancel thru your credit card company at this point.

I just sent them an e-mail to ask about whats up with customer service and the bad reviews hoping for an owners response and so far got a auto response.I'll give them a few days but it looks like a very poorly run business at this point.Its to bad as the old owners did an ok job but now its new owners.

And there's no need to put up with poor customer service since our industry has some really outstanding people.  I just completed a purchase from Brackners and thought they were great.  Last year I got a return phone call from Mr Bailey himself.  I don't deal with a lot of on line, because my local supplier is so good.  But there are some things he doesn't carry.

Good experiences so farrr with Aardvark (Santa Ana, CA) via email, telephone, an' in person; also US Pigment (Midwest somewhar - save many bucks on cobalt carbonate).

Not much available near our home; could be takes a metro area to support a ceramic store, and/or lower rents... The CSU (in SLO) has a ceramic lab anyone can walk into and buy Laguna clay ~$14/bag (a year ago); an art store has a few bags of cone 10 Laguna clay at you kiddin'me prices; basic tools can are available at several places.

izzat Bracker's CP? 30% off Kemper tools this month, 20% offa wheels an' such, hmm, thanks!

I can't tell from your post if you think it has shipped or not. My guess is that they just drop-ship the wheels and if that is correct then the order would be shipped directly from Shimpo. You might call shimpo directly and see if they can help?  

As a recommendation, If you decide/have to cancel, we have bought a few big ticket items from Clay-King in the last few years and they are great. Bailey's and Sheffield also have given us good customer service and all three of these are well know pottery supply house.  dozen years ago we bought several large multi thousand dollar purchases from bigceramicstore but as Mark pointed out, it is under new ownership.

Good luck!

From what I can tell, they only stock a few items and everything else they order it from the distributor when you order it from them.  This can add weeks or months to the process.  This doesn't apply to wheels and kilns, these are drop shipped like Stephen said, but they should still be letting you know if and when it's shipped.

First call BCS and leave a message telling them that you'll be cancelling the order of you don't hear from them ASAP. If they don't respond, call Shimpo and see if they know anything about your order, and let them know that you're getting bad customer service from BCS. If you haven't received the wheel and no one can answer your questions, then contact your credit card company and ask them about what action you can take to cancel the order. The potential problem here is if the wheel has already shipped and you cancel payment, you'll have to either un-cancel it, or return the wheel.

They never responed to my inquiry about whats up with the bad business. I wrote it nice as I mentioned I bought some things long ago from old owner and it was a smooth transaction.I mentioned unhappy customers and gave they a free hand to respond.

Its been 4 days now and zero response. My guess is they are not going to get back to me on this.

I suggest looking elsewhere online-as its a buyer beware deal.

I hope the OP gets this straightened out

My favorite suppliers are Brackers, Archie Bray Clay Business, Aardvark, The Ceramics Store in Philly, Bailey for larger equipment, Axner's, U.S. Pigment, Alligator Clay, and Seattle Pottery.

Never have had any problems with any of the above. Excellent customer service with Bailey's tech support.  Replaced a gear (my fault) on my slab roller, a controller on the rheostat on the foot pedal (has a name but I forget what it is) and the pressure gauge on my vacuum control on my pug ,mill which got broken when I moved to Texas in 2006.

Marcia

Archived