NCECA 2018 Pittsburgh

I will definitely be in Richmond ... though it will probably end up being unseasonably something or other.

From what I have been told ... NCECA locations are determined by many factors including cost of hotels, availability of a conference center, willingness of a local university to sponsor and do the legwork. It usually ends up in medium sized cities with affordable venues. Cities like NY, Chicago, Atlanta and San Francisco etc. are usually more expensive and out of range for most budgets.

My parking trick for these excursions is to park in the long term lot at the airport and take the shuttle into town ... usually $8 a day vs $20+ at hotel lots.

I hope to be in Richmond, but a few years ago I had expected to meet up with a recent good friend at Kansas City, alas he did not make it and died a few months later. I had a mug to give him as he had given me one at Providence, RI NCECA. I had a mug ready to go to KC, , hoping to get a chance as maybe he would make it. Sorry to say he never did. I still have two mugs sitting in a case. 

So now I figure to say, I hope to be there. As I may even make it to Minnesota, or maybe not. . . .depends on the weather.

best,

Pres

Ok its settled NCCA in 2025 is in Hilo Hi. -cheaper hotels- collage nearby-easy airpot access-great snorkeling-and beaches nearby. Its a rainy climate so it will fit right in.

I'll mark my calendar .The motto that year is -They will come

10 hours ago, Babs said:

ah, don't do fb or insta.

10 hours ago, Pres said:

Neither do I, Babs, so I guess I'm a techie without a facie!

Thankfully anyone can browse instagram without an account. Unlike facebooks horrible system. Instagram hasn't been fully screwed up like facebook yet.

So here is the link to her instagram that you can browse in your browser: https://www.instagram.com/chriscampbellpottery/

You did a great job, Spring. I enjoyed your personal journey and  all the things you realized you learned from it. Nice to meet you in person. I remember your piece in a show in Portland (?) .

lots of leaves.  

NCECA was great. Hung out with old friends including Pres.. Very mellow. Got to 4 actual events, lots of show, and the ICan reception. Our hotel have breakfast and dinner included which saved a lot of money. Even included a free glass of wine plus $.75 for the 2nd and 3rd. Not bad. Plus lots of space for hanging out and visiting with friends. Many of the hotels don't have that. Really enjoyed it this year. I have missed three NCECAs since 1971. greeley , Co was the smallest with about 500 in 1976. (dry county but someone brought a few cases of beer to the campus).

Marcia

Archived