Trying to find a glaze book

AJP

9 hours ago, AJP said:

I'm trying to find what book these recipes came from. Found these in an old text book my professor made. Does anyone recognize the font/style? Would love the whole book.

Thanks

book.pdf 684.05 kB · 8 downloads

Looks like one man's collection of other folk's glazes, prob no text book as such

Some are Bwenard Leach's , some are Val Cushings , you say they are your professor's so why not ask him?

Back in the pre-internet glaze recipe days, handouts with that general formatting were part of every workshop or guest lecture in every ceramics department. While glazes could be attributed to a given artist, there can be some variance if someone decided to adjust an ingredient for their own work, and the only recommendation for name changing a given recipe was if you made “significant” changes to it. 

I originally came across that My 1,2,3,4 base glaze attributed to Victor Babu 25 years ago. Most others attribute it to Bernard Leach. Val Cushing has his name on a LOT of shop glazes from the 90’s and 00’s.