Help me answer these questions

Hi everybody, I was ready to place an order for a pricey baking stone for bread/cookies/pizza until I realized (DUH!!) that they are made of clay!! So, should I be able to make one? I have a couple of inquiries:
- What kind of clay is it? I have Laguna 55 cone 6 white clay, Laguna 66 cone 6 handbuilding clay, a cone 10 woodfire clay, and I believe I have a cone 10 B. Combine with grog.
- I'm still not very good at producing wide flat things, so can I roll out clay with my roller and then cut it to the right shape?

1 hour ago, TroyMorris said:

Hi everybody, I was ready to place an order for a pricey baking stone for bread/cookies/pizza until I realized (DUH!!) that they are made of clay!! So, should I be able to make one? I have a couple of inquiries:
- What kind of clay is it? I have Laguna 55 cone 6 white clay, Laguna 66 cone 6 handbuilding clay, a cone 10 woodfire clay, and I believe I have a cone 10 B. Combine with grog.
- I'm still not very good at producing wide flat things, so can I roll out clay with my roller and then cut it to the right shape?

A search for "pizza stone" or something similar will throw up a lot of hits.

As you will want to include archived threads in your search, best to use a  browser search something like
site:community.ceramicartsdaily.org baking stone

... which found the following threads, with a fairly common theme - buy a kiln shelf, if only because you cannot get a suitable clay.

Starting with an eerily similar question to your own.

You can go to some estate sales and find one,  my mother in-laws sale had two of them.   People would give them to her as gifts,  she wouldn't use them.   She preferred her method of baking,  she was 98.   I bought a big rectangular one for my son who is a chef,  before I could give it to him his wife decided she was gluten intolerant.  It just sits in my closet!   Denice

My son is the chef,  I will mention it to him,  they are moving to Costa Rica in a month and putting everything in storage.  I might try using it myself,  I will have to cut it down it is too big for my oven.   I am hoping that they want to move back after a year or two,  it is a bummer not having any family.    Denice