Can a piece be fired again if a spot of glaze was missed?

NatalyVine

if you heat the pot just before you glaze it, it probably will work.    if you brush on glaze be careful, a brush may just stick to the spot and need washing off.   it does not have to be super hot, just uncomfortable to hold without a potholder,    funny, i think that would be you.

heating with hot tap water can help, just dry the spot by dabbing a towel on the unglazed spot.

Babs makes a good point. If you haven’t made this piece, I wouldn’t attempt it. You don’t know what temperature the clay or glaze matures at. If you don’t know exactly what glaze was used, the one you apply could create a eutectic with the existing glaze, making both run a lot more than they would by themselves. If the piece was originally fired at cone 6, refiring it to low fire temperatures may partially re-melt the existing glaze, making it do all kinds of ugly things.

Is the unglazed area at the bottom  just a narrow band?  If so it is usual not to glaze a pot right down to the bottom.  It is hard to cover a large unglazed spot as it is hard to make the glaze stick.  As above, if you did not make the pot you have no idea what temperature to fire it.  If it is just a narrow band at the bottom and if it rally bothers you I would use a permanent marker as close to the colour of the vase as possible on the unglazed clay.  Lin

I sometimes use enamels to embellish glazed clay, for artistic reasons. If I wanted to color match, I could (testing the color 1st).  If you have an eye for color you might consider paint--even just a good quality acrylic-you could also do a contrasting color, or a metallic for some bling--whatever you might like better than the bare clay body. If it were my cute little vase, I would not risk the reglaze.