QoTW: Do you have any long standing orders that you fill every year for several years?

I have been making chalices, and later patens for over 40 years now. I started selling them to a single customer that first required chalices for ceremonies, and then decided to order Communion sets for an award to honor one of their deceased members. This order has been a standing order now for over 25 years. It is basically the only order I do any more, as I have stepped back from much of what I used to do. I was wondering, have any of you had a long standing order for a particular customer? 

QoTW: Do you have any long standing orders that you fill every year for several years?

best,

Pres

I get a gallery order twice a year for a huge amount $ worth of wholesale wares. Its a dependabke thing -I think now I;m his largest supplier of wares.This order is always outstanding 

I just dropped his fall order off as I have no time this fall to make them so I did it early. I'm on a 24 day dive. trip in Indonesia in Oct-Nov so made the pots and dropped them off so I can get wet.

Started  with him about 12- years ago with a twice a year order of 110 sponge holders and has expanded to this huge order twice a year. I fill my wife subaru with about 20-23 boxes (mostly banana. boxes). I drop it off somewhere in between this this gallery is about 11 hours away. lately its been at theowners broths house about 4.5 hrs away. I just made that drop last Friday

That order is from mugs to smalls to larger bowls and in-between -I only offer limited forms to him. I usally every year offer a new form-this year its a small fish tray

I had have never been to the gallery and I just met him last fall at a remote drop after my last NV show on way home-20 boxs from my van to his subaru.He is also my favorite business person always pays right up front.I was referred to him by another potter who did not want to make sponge holders-I still sell him 220  sponge holders a year.

I have the same sort of thing every xmas and spring with a few local outlets a well-it is always the same.Now that I think about it its with 4 local outlets. I also supply mugs every two weeks to to Bagel /bakeries-year around.

I mix this up with some art shows as well. I am doing my LAST out of state (biggest/best show) in a few weeks

Then its two local shows from now on.

Slowly my wholesale business has taken off as I got older. Just a bit easier for me

Edited by Mark C.

Every 18 months or so, I get an order from a local mental health organization that gifts mugs to their crisis line workers and volunteers. I will always do this order, even if it comes at an inconvenient time. It’s a cause close to my heart. 

I first picked up the gig when I was still transporting work to an art centre to be fired, and saw their request on a bulletin board for someone to design a mug. That was 6-7 years ago.

• Pres unpinned this topic