QotW: What is your latest company in the studio/shop while working?

Hi folks, no new QotW in the question pool once again, so . . . . QotW: What is your latest company in the studio/shop while working?

My situation has not changed very much during the pandemic, but the shut in has put me ahead in production. While in the shop, I still watch/listen to a lot of old movies, or some new streaming ones that I do when mindlessly wedging or dong a few other things that take little attention. I find it keeps the rhythm especially with wedging. I wish there were some way to have that when doing the repetition of spraying glazes and other jobs I do outside, but probably better not to. The heat has definitely put a kink in later afternoon activities here as the temps have been i the 90F. with humidity at time as high as 89%! Hydrate, stay happy, stay safe, and watch for Fall.

Once again I'll ask:  QotW: What is your latest company in the studio/shop while working?

best,

Pres

I got myself an AI smart speaker, and put a ton of music into playlists of all sorts that suit my fancy, with some designed to take up X amount of time, some designed for pacing myself while doing specific things (like mixes for rapid energy, or for low & slow, etc, --not about mood, but more about tickling the brain/body connection to help me move in harmony with the work at hand.  The latest one I've been using a lot in the studio is Midnight Diner. It's an understated, quirky series (requires subtitles) on Netflix and I love the music. There is no commercial soundtrack available so I had to scout around to find the individual pieces and put one together. That, and the commercial soundtrack for the online game June's Journey--great music to work by. 

Latest is the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. Urban fantasy around a coyote shapeshifter. Very dry humour, well paced and interesting characters and world building. I burned through the latest Jim Butcher last week, and am now stuck in cliffhanger heck until the end of September when the next one comes out. 

@Callie Beller Diesel Really have missed James Butcher of late. Just finished the latest. I am now reading the latest Modesit Jr. as I really have loved all of his work. Nothing like a good read.

@liambesaw Spiders. . . . yesterday when loading the kiln, I saw a big one, with a bunch of little ones on its back! In the kiln! I did not take a second thought about firing it in the kiln! Wonder what spider carbon would do to the glazes?

best,

Pres

• Pres unpinned this topic