1st teaching gig, couples wheel throwing

So... I agreed to teach a class at a local studio since the owner is out of town. I can't decide if this is a good thing or harder than it would be teaching a regular 6 week wheel class, but it's one night, 3 hours, and couples...throwing together. Each person can only use one hand to touch the clay, a "my right, your left" thing. Crazy right? It's a valentines date night event and she told me not to let them try anything crazy, just bowl or cup, that's it.  It sounds fun and I will do my best to make it fun for them, I think I even have an assistant coming that will throw with me and I think that will help me explain it to them better since I will be doing it for the 1st time as well, at least the other hand being connected to another person aspect.

Have any of you done a class like this, or have any tips? Iv'e been going over it in my head and have lots of ideas but I'm not sure about any of them, feels like I will be mostly winging it, which is fine, but I have to make sure each couple gets one resulting piece.

Oh yikes, I can barely throw while controlling both hands, that sounds... Messy lol

Just remember everyone is there to have fun, not really to walk away with profound skill or knowledge.  I don't teach anyone, but that's what I'd try to keep in mind amidst the chaos

Before you fly into it with one hand, I would get together with your assistant beforehand and get acquainted with the process so the two of you don't look like complete idiots at the function. It would look a lot better if you had a little experience at this venture...:ph34r:

Archived