Ceramic coat hook

Well, not quite for coats, more for face cloths.

Has anyone made hooks from clay?

I'm about to have the bathroom re-furbished, and decided that making all the tiles was a step too far, in fact, making any tiles was out.

But, I would like to make a pair of hooks to hang our face cloths from.  

Any tips, suggestions?  I'm thinking of using porcelain,  and may not even glaze them.  Something like this.....

image.png.a17a00170942d35a2ad5d217b5827779.png

I make thick and thicker and really thick stuff with porcelain, unglazed or clear glazed mostly, and even the thin curly edges I sometimes favor on things hold up very well (mine is ^6 Cool Ice).  In fact, I think I just stole your idea!! :rolleyes:

I have towel hooks in my bathroom, they are a metal long knob about 4" away from the wall with a narrow neck, with an angular end that is about an inch larger in diameter than the neck. This is attached to the wall with a heavy bolt that the knob glues onto as the knob has a hollow shaft. Actually this works with a set screw in the metal, but for ceramic I would epoxy onto the shaft. Nothing would break off from the hook. You could design a starfish shaped knob handbuilt on a thick extruded hollow shaft.

best,

Pres

Archived