Best birthday ever!

I wont go into details how it happened but if you didnt read them, search my posts and I have a lot of detail.. those of you who have been tuned I am finally done with all my wiring except for about a half an hour of just finishing up a few small things.

With the help of a two great friends, one being an electrician not only is all my electric updated I have a new 200 amp box, 200 amp servie, all new cable to feed the box and several updates on some old wiring. THAT means I will be able to run my kiln again and this time there should be no questions! When the electrician unhooked the main cable from the wire coming in from the electric company it was so corroded and the neutral was touching the power.. he said it was one of the worse he ever seen and lucky the house is still standing.

New breaker box

Several breakers

4/0 cable

2 ground rods

new ground cable

roll of 14-2 wire

new meter box

TONS of misc.

total about 550 dollars..two good friends helped me all weekend and wouldnt take any money, it only cost me in beer after the job was done.. cant have friends better than that.. just in time for my birthday tomorrow!!

Guest JBaymore

I wont go into details how it happened but if you didnt read them, search my posts and I have a lot of detail.. those of you who have been tuned I am finally done with all my wiring except for about a half an hour of just finishing up a few small things.

With the help of a two great friends, one being an electrician not only is all my electric updated I have a new 200 amp box, 200 amp servie, all new cable to feed the box and several updates on some old wiring. THAT means I will be able to run my kiln again and this time there should be no questions! When the electrician unhooked the main cable from the wire coming in from the electric company it was so corroded and the neutral was touching the power.. he said it was one of the worse he ever seen and lucky the house is still standing.

New breaker box

Several breakers

4/0 cable

2 ground rods

new ground cable

roll of 14-2 wire

new meter box

TONS of misc.

total about 550 dollars..two good friends helped me all weekend and wouldnt take any money, it only cost me in beer after the job was done.. cant have friends better than that.. just in time for my birthday tomorrow!!

Happy Birthday!

best,

..............john

Thanks everyone! I have a rod in my right leg from my knee to my ankle from a bad car accident years ago and from being out in the cold for several hours and MANY MANY trips up and down stairs yesterday my leg is SORE this morning but my spirits are high!

New breaker box

Several breakers

4/0 cable

2 ground rods

new ground cable

roll of 14-2 wire

new meter box

TONS of misc.

Now you'll have to make a couple of thank you mugs as gifts for your work crew! Happy Birthday, and good luck with the new wiring. I know what you are going through, as our house is now 1/2 nob and tube, and the rest modern. I expect to have the rest of the knob and tube cleared by next year so that I can blow in insulation.

Buckeye;

Happy Birthday, buddy. I am kilnless myself after my big studio move, so I feel your pain-no pun intended about your leg. Glad everything worked out. One of my buddies showed up to move my wedging table down a flight of stairs. Aren't friends great!

Enjoy the big day.

TJR.

Beer mugs and wine glasses.. these guys are my crazy ATV buddies!

New breaker box

Several breakers

4/0 cable

2 ground rods

new ground cable

roll of 14-2 wire

new meter box

TONS of misc.

Now you'll have to make a couple of thank you mugs as gifts for your work crew! Happy Birthday, and good luck with the new wiring. I know what you are going through, as our house is now 1/2 nob and tube, and the rest modern. I expect to have the rest of the knob and tube cleared by next year so that I can blow in insulation.

A few of the pieces from the first firing since new electric

Cake plate had a ton of potentil but I dont like how the blue did... small pinholes on the top and looks like lacking a coat on the sides but my sister in law still loves it.

Tiki cups turned out great I think!

garlic keeper.. color doesnt look as good as in person

BIg mug.. I finally made myself a coffee mug

post-6939-132709600722_thumb.jpg

post-6939-132709602181_thumb.jpg

post-6939-132709604354_thumb.jpg

post-6939-132709607083_thumb.jpg

post-6939-132709600722_thumb.jpg

post-6939-132709602181_thumb.jpg

post-6939-132709604354_thumb.jpg

post-6939-132709607083_thumb.jpg

Hi Buckeye!!

so great to hear you are back up and running rolleyes.gif

Best wishes for your birthday, hope its a great day

What a fab couple of friends to help you do all that work- gotta love your mates!

Your work is looking awesome- love the tiki mugs- especially the glaze pool showing up the detail. Knowing you, the nest few weeks you will be

pumping stuff out like a factory lol

My brain is just starting to wake up to clay after a very lazy month. I had lots of fun just reading about clay and cruising blogs etc of other ceramicists and have some ideas brewing

all the best Lyn

New breaker box

Several breakers

4/0 cable

2 ground rods

new ground cable

roll of 14-2 wire

new meter box

TONS of misc.

Great job buckeye! I am putting in a 240V heater in the shop this week so that I can work these colder days. It should make it easier to get the stuff done that I need to do. B)

Archived