Changing User Name-----Like Magical Chairs

Hi jrgpots, this is Min not Diane Puckett, Sherman is aware of this, he posted a reply under the topic of How to Keep Cash at Sales. I tried logging out multiple times and now I can't log in under my name at all. I came up as being logged in under your name several times, like you said it's like musical chairs.

Min

this whole forum seems to be compromised, my old password didnt work, had to reset and now I cant access anything to edit my profile--this is justanassembler... Seems your troubles aren't over--from the outside it looks like a corrupted database.

Lets see who I am tonight?OH my I'm Bette now-I guess this is whats it like to wear someones shoes.

I think the whole forum is corrupted-for now-I am not changing passwords yet as the new one will just be corrupted. I'm going to wait this out like the Gov shut down it may take a few weeks.And no one wins.
Mark C

............and I may have become *john@thepotteryplus.com* - that's the name showing at the top of the page - I also noticed that although I always go through the process of "Mark forums read"  when I leave, this morning it's showing several pages of new content.

Ayjay - definitely, but possibly not!

OK, I tried to post the above and it wouldn't let me - I've opened it up again and I'm now showing as Ayjay - I'll try posting it again.

Guest Sherman

Here's the deal folks:

User log-ins on the forum are being cached and not reset. We are going to be relocating the forum to a location on the server where this will not happen (it will not be subject to the same caching actions). There is no evidence that any accounts have been hacked or otherwise compromised, so let's sit tight and we'll get this settled shortly. It will likely be several hours, but we'll be back up and running later today with information on the forum's new URL and any advice on resetting your bookmarks to the forum.

I'll repost this on all forums, and send out a blast email if I can, and then we'll likely put the forum in maintenance mode while we do this so that no posts get lost.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We'll be back soon.

Sherman

Guest Sherman

Okay, back up and running with a new home at community.ceramicartsdaily.org. You'll need to reset bookmarks to the forum, since the URL has changed, but it's now separated from the caching functionality that was causing the disturbing log-in bahavior.

Unintended consequences of well-meaning technical updates.

Okay, back to talking about ceramics! Don't you hate it when your kiln overfires? It's like a malware attack on a web server....

Sherman

Archived