#21 Min

Min

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

Their loss! Fresh tuna sounds so much better than old crow anyway.

I think that as potters we are so used to trying and trying again when we have a problem with clay / glaze / form / equipment etc that it is in our nature to give problems a try. Even though we know these kind of orders are iffy we still have to give them a go.

It was nice meeting you in Anacortes in August, the little pot I got from you made it through a month long camping trip and is now happily at home with us.

Min

Min 

You are the first person I have met thru this forum other than one of my Mentees who also came to Anacortes the past two years to talk story-also down from Canada.

I love that show in Anacortes and this past one was my 20th year there.

Glad that little guy made it a month  long camping without damage.

If you come down next year lets trade a pot for a pot.

The albacore was caught by me on one of my best trips ever out of Eureka.Got to love fresh fish over crow.

Its ok as I'm neck deep in shows and real orders from my usual customers plus x-mas is just around the corner my biggest push.

I never got my hopes up as I am to seasoned by now as these mega orders always go south especially if the word gift basket is in the order.

Mark

You are the first I have met in person from this forum also. If we are down that way next summer I'll be sure and come by and swap a pot with you.

We lived on Haida Gwaii (Queen Charlotte Islands) for 7 years, Can relate to your fresh fish tasting better than crow. We used to barter work for halibut, fish the rivers for salmon, dive for crab and dig razor clams. Grocery store seafood just doesn't compete.

Min

#22 Mark C.

Mark C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,935 posts
  • LocationNear Arcata Ca-redwood rain forest

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

Haida Gwaii (Queen Charlotte Islands)

This is a small world-back in 1993 I chartered a small dive boat and 5 of my friends flew into sandspit we saw old giant yelloweye fish that never have seen human divers and recall a small hot spring on a small Islands near the world heritage site. We had a great trip but the boat was beater.We manly dove the inside areas.

I still have a small piece of driftwood on window sill from there. I have been underwater in many places on this planet and have found memories of there. Here's a hat I still have from there.

Mark

Mark Cortright
www.liscomhillpottery.com

#23 GEP

GEP

Moderator / full time potter ^6 stoneware

• Moderators
  • 848 posts
  • LocationSilver Spring, MD

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

The group decided to not include any breakables in our baskets at this event due to the distances participants have to travel.

Sounds like the decision of a committee.

I'm glad your instincts sniffed it out from the beginning. And it's not like you need more work this time of year anyways. Tuna and corn, yum!

Mea Rhee
Good Elephant Pottery
http://www.goodelephant.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users