21 replies to this topic

#21 OffCenter

OffCenter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

I can understand while some people refer it to it as people's republic of California/ PRK. I'm an ex-pat to the PRK. I'm sure this ban is the doing of the AQMD (air quality management district). While the la basin definitely has its smog problems, the AQMD rules with and iron fist. I helped open a restaurant and we could not put in a wood burning grill or piazza oven becaus e of rules. We even need some $15K electrostatic filter on the hood exhaust. Comrade, I feel your pain. I suppose your only option is building a pit in a fire prone area, and let the next wildfire handle it. Now they are banning the handful of legal fire pits? Are our kilns safe? Oh yah, no problem with smoke here! The forested slope, I fear is a fire hazard! I watched a few video's recently of rocket stoves and rocket kilns. There is also a (glass) guy somewhere nearby who melts his glass in a rocket kiln. Check that out, they burn very clean! One guy in the far east burns dried rice husks for his entire firing...

Glen

The PRK, I love it, la basin too!

Oh for godsake get rid of the ###### blue!

Jim
E pur si muove.

"But it does move," said Galileo under his breath.

#22 Glen Peters

Glen Peters

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

I can understand while some people refer it to it as people's republic of California/ PRK. I'm an ex-pat to the PRK. I'm sure this ban is the doing of the AQMD (air quality management district). While the la basin definitely has its smog problems, the AQMD rules with and iron fist. I helped open a restaurant and we could not put in a wood burning grill or piazza oven becaus e of rules. We even need some $15K electrostatic filter on the hood exhaust. Comrade, I feel your pain. I suppose your only option is building a pit in a fire prone area, and let the next wildfire handle it. Now they are banning the handful of legal fire pits? Are our kilns safe? Oh yah, no problem with smoke here! The forested slope, I fear is a fire hazard! I watched a few video's recently of rocket stoves and rocket kilns. There is also a (glass) guy somewhere nearby who melts his glass in a rocket kiln. Check that out, they burn very clean! One guy in the far east burns dried rice husks for his entire firing...

Glen

The PRK, I love it, la basin too!

Oh for godsake get rid of the ###### blue!

Jim

Sorry is it that annoying?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users