software program for keeping inventory

Hi,

Can anyone recomend a simple, basic and straight-forward software or program for keeping track of inventory and payments? I'd like to get more organized, but I don't have a huge volume to keep track of...not yet, anyway!

Thanks!

Guest JBaymore

Since few have answered with otehr solutuions ... I'll put my 2 cents in. I use Microsoft Access for any database kind of applications. That is what it is designed for. Expensive... but will pretty much literally do anything you might want or need.

best,

....................john

Since few have answered with otehr solutuions ... I'll put my 2 cents in. I use Microsoft Access for any database kind of applications. That is what it is designed for. Expensive... but will pretty much literally do anything you might want or need.

best,

....................john

I have a download of Open Office, that is not longer available. It is quite extensive including a database that was quite good. I believe there are still some freeware/open source software out there for database development.

Guest JBaymore

I have a download of Open Office, that is not longer available.

Open Office is no longer available!!!!! Oh oh... my students at the college will be very upset. many use it for an alternative to Microsoft Office.

BTW.... if you are a college faculty member or a college student ....with solid proof of that like student IDs or faculty paycheck stubs...... (not sure about if they cover high school faculty or students) you can get the Microsoft Office full suite (and other such software) VERY inexpensively at AcademicSuperStore.com.

best,

.......................john

I have used Quickbooks for Mac at my shop for 8 years. Great stuff, not too expensive. Track inventory, process sales, run credit cards, etc. Great online account system. Very easy to use.

If you want to go super simple, just make a spread sheet, Excel on Windows or Numbers on Mac.

Open Office is no longer available!!!!! Oh oh... my students at the college will be very upset. many use it for an alternative to Microsoft Office.

BTW.... if you are a college faculty member or a college student ....with solid proof of that like student IDs or faculty paycheck stubs...... (not sure about if they cover high school faculty or students) you can get the Microsoft Office full suite (and other such software) VERY inexpensively at AcademicSuperStore.com.

best,

Open office is alive and well, they just changed it's name to Apache OpenOffice.

Still found here.....http://www.openoffice.org/

best,

The academic versions are also available for public school teachers as well. When I was working I could get educational discounts at the Superstore as well. I still have Painter, Corel Draw and others that way. Only problem is when you go to have something printed or such from a file. Reputable printers will not use your file with the Educational tag on it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For Inventory I use Art archive, it's pretty easy to use, visual, it keeps record of where your pieces are, prices, commissions, galleries and even prints labels, this is the Link

I wish I can have Access on my Mac but that's not possible... Excel works but you have to set up the calculations you are going to need.

Archived