Can anyone help identify this wheel?

Three round legs, square back splash pan (I believe that style includes a removable panel?), perhaps a Creative Industries (aka Clay Boss ?) wheel, however, not finding a cast aluminum version, which your pic appears to be.

Every time I go searching wheels, find interesting old things!

Most of the maker info looks too be wiped from age and or not visible, the seller says he can’t see. I’m in the United States, California specifically. I’m an intermitate thrower, do you think this model would be more powerful than a newer clay boss? 

Thank you guys for the replies! 

Unless it's super inexpensive I would be cautious about buying a wheel without knowing for certain the make of it. If/when you need replacement parts that could be a dead end. Are you able to plug it in and give it a try to check the torque etc?

I’m wondering if it might be an old Alpine wheel. They were available back in the 60’s and early 70’s. There are some pretty rough images in Google images when “Alpine potters wheel” is entered into the search.

i can’t get to my old copies of Ceramics Monthly to find a cleaner image from one of their ads to compare it to the wheel your are looking at.

Can someone help out here?

Regards,

Fred

1 hour ago, Fred Sweet said:

I’m wondering if it might be an old Alpine wheel. They were available back in the 60’s and early 70’s. There are some pretty rough images in Google images when “Alpine potters wheel” is entered into the search.

i can’t get to my old copies of Ceramics Monthly to find a cleaner image from one of their ads to compare it to the wheel your are looking at.

Can someone help out here?

Regards,

Fred

Good idea Fred, I did a search of the online CM's for electric Alpine wheels, the farthest back I found an add for them is from 1974, image below. I also found an image and description of the Max wheel from 2002. Description for the Max: "Max Wheels are available in two models, the 1500 with a flat-top table and the 2000 with a cast aluminum pan. Both wheels are heavy duty and use 10:1 ratio gear motors with worm gears and roller bearings, PWM controllers andVaritrol foot pedals. Feedback circuitry provides additional power to the wheelhead when needed. The wheelhead, drilled for bat pins, sits on a large tapered shaft and is easily removable."1976681173_ScreenShot2019-07-23at3_53_03PM.png.6763a5778c1e042e2ab0cd674e69d03f.png223220970_ScreenShot2019-07-23at3_51_15PM.png.d55330e12989b9146f1866fc3f36ca33.png

Its not an alpine as the feet are not flared .I have seen many an old alpine

I think maybe a early creative industries wheel befor they went to crap(bought out and farmed away)

go throw on it and than offer them $200 if it in good working order-just remember parts may be hardm to inpossiable to buy.

I new clay boss will not be a better wheel than the orginal creative ones made in USA

Min-

Thanks for finding the images! Looking at them, the most obvious thing is the bulge at the top of the front leg on the Max wheel! Looks a lot like the one in Ocarina’s photo., even though it’s not a flat top wheel. Thinking we may have solved the question!

Regards,

Fred

Archived