Mark C 5000Th Post

Speaking of...I picked up an old copy(1997)of CM yesterday to peruse while eating lunch at the community studio and opened it to a long article on...drumroll...Marcia.  Very nice pictures of your horse raku.  Several pictures of you too, none of which showed your face.  Hardly seems possible that was nearly 20 years ago!

All kidding aside, Mark joined when he was recuperating from wrist surgery.  As a production potter, he has brought a different perspective and experience to the forum that many of us who are not production potters have benefitted from.  Lots of posts and pictures . . . most serious, some not so.  Just glad he has hung around after the wrist mended and he could return to work again. 

(And, after 5000 posts, you get the same pay and benefits the moderators get.  Not sure how many after 5000, but that is what they tell me.)

Nerd I have the 5000th post thought out now that you brought this to my attention. I'm taking photos on the subject this week as its a work in progress deal.

Benzine the reason for early morning or late night posting is my day job as  a potter. It seems to keep me very busy during the day.Maybe in a few years when clay is less demanding I can post in the afternoon in my slippers and robe.

Flower dry,

Here is a photo of me next to the redesigned oil burner with three nozzles instead of one. featured in Studio Potter magazine in 1973. Their second issue.

http://community.ceramicartsdaily.org/gallery/image/3497-oil-fired-catenary-arch-kiln/

I have been in a lot of articles and written even more. Served on the technical staff of CM from 1998-about 2004.. It happens when you've been at it a long long time.

Marcia

Curt:

What matters to me is there are several here that have been at it for 40+ years: think they deserve (and earned) a pat on the back. The pottery world does not pass out gold watches for retirement or years of service: you get to make a 5000th post instead. Which means those who have already blown past 5000 can come back and get their golden 5000th award as well.

Nerd

Archived