All

I recently received a whole sale order for about 1.5K and the buyer is from a south american country.  The buyer recommended a shipping company and asked me to reach out to them (the buyer specifically requested to use this freight carrier). 

The shipping company came back with a total price of 8k USD and the buyer is okay with it.  Buyer asked me to add it to the invoice and send it.  

I am wondering why will anyone spend 8K on shipping for a 1.5K worth of goods.  Something is not adding up.  Any thoughts or similar experience from members here?

I get a scam almost daily on my e-mail,  yesterday the e-mail was from  supposedly SiriusRX .  It said my radio subscription had expired and all I had to do was click and I would get another year for the same great price.   I got on-line with Sirius,  they told me that they never send anything like that our  and it is months before I need to renew.    Denice