Wide double sided tape

I think double sided carpet tape would work.    I had put a sculpture in a exhibition,  it was a bust of a woman on a base.   They told me I had to have the pieces glued to each other and to the pedestal.   My husband brought the tape and help me tape it together.  It worked great,  after  a couple of weeks we  went to pick it up.  Not so easy,  the sculpture could be removed from the pedestal but the sculpture wouldn't come apart from the base.   We took the sculpture home with the base stuck to it,  twenty years later they are still stuck together.  The area on both pieces were bisque,  no glaze,  paint or wax finishes.    Denice

What about the stuff folk use to cover books? Clear or coloured, or the psuedo bench solash back stuff, both come in rolls at different widths so quite a variety of screen outs possjble.

Are you burning it off? Look out for fumes, taking off before firing , it could lift the underlying glaze if any.

Carpet tape is wide and sticky on both sides. It can stick to carpet, so bisque should be no problem. I think it’s removable (if done soon and has not had a heavy weight applied for a generous period of time :) )

Question: Why does it need to be sticky on both sides?

@Babs do you mean contact paper? Good suggestion!

Edited by Rae Reich

1 hour ago, Rae Reich said:

Carpet tape is wide and sticky on both sides. It can stick to carpet, so bisque should be no problem. I think it’s removable (if done soon and has not had a heavy weight applied for a generous period of time :) )

Question: Why does it need to be sticky on both sides?

@Babs do you mean contact paper? Good suggestion!

Yes, Contact but didnt know if tgat name was universally known.