Breathe in clay

Single exposure to the dust should clear up if you have any problems with coughing or wheezing etc. However, if symptoms continue into tomorrow, see a physician. Clay in the wet stage has some organic elements, but dust is dry, and only worries would be the silica in the dust and any chemicals that may be harmful. Clay usually does not have poisonously harmful chemicals.

Silicosis from inhaling clay dust comes from heavy breathing of the dust or from extended exposure to the dusty environment.  Cleaning areas with sponges, mops and water is the best solution along with avoiding techniques that create large amounts of dust in the atmosphere. . . .dry grinding pots, sweeping up residue, allowing scraps to stay on the floor to be ground into dust by walking over them etc.

best,

Pres

22 hours ago, jayden said:

Hello, I recently breathe in clay dust since I had art class. Someone I was sitting smelled it so i decided to smell it what do I do? Should I go to the doctors or ER

No big deal for a short exposure as noted by Pres.

Breathe easy now

In addition to what Mark & Pres have said, do you own research and learn a bit about it.  There's all kinds of health hazards with materials artists use, but as a wide generality, it takes repeated and lengthy exposure over time to be at risk for a serious condition.  Being informed ahead of time is essential, and can save you a lot of worry. Getting more info will also help you to evaluate studio settings you may be using or how to maintain one at your home. I'd also say if it is an art class involving ceramics, there "should be" some instruction in the "basics" for health and safety.....and if not, I'd ask why not!