Second glaze dip application contamination?

Morgan

pretty random question but thought I would throw this out there.

I have never had issues visually from a glaze changing but more curious. 

I bring this up as I started testing oil spot glazes which have a ton of iron ox in them.

given that and how messy RIO is it is very noticeable visually when dipping into a cover glaze and seeing the RIO getting into the cover glaze bucket. Fwiw I see this when semi wet or the glaze has fully dried.

I guess the question is…does this eventually contaminate the glaze chemistry of a bucket over time or is it so minute it’s not an issue? Again, I’ve never seen it change or mess up a glaze over thee years but the RIO makes it clear as day that dipping from one bucket to another glaze does get into it. Anyway just curious…and if so any tricks to avoid it? 

4 hours ago, Morgan said:

thanks for the responses. @oldladyand just to reiterate, I was more curious if it ever became a problem someone saw, I am not worried about it in the slightest, and have never seen any issues, was more out of wonderment over long periods.

Makes y'wonder why we wash the buckets, just joking on this bleak old day.:-)))

I think being mindful of contamination is wise in situations where there’s a lot of new learners that, let’s face it, can make some pretty spectacular errors. But if you’re in your own studio, and using your glaze batch up (or mostly up) before adding more material, I don’t see chemistry shift in the bucket  being a big problem.