Giffin Grip techniques for small items?

There is a small piece of plastic plumbing that has a flat top with a hole in it. I have used it with a little water on top to trim all of my honey jar lids. It is easily held by the GG, and would probably work for that with a little water on the plastic to hold the piece in place.

best,

Pres

11 hours ago, Pres said:

There is a small piece of plastic plumbing that has a flat top with a hole in it. I have used it with a little water on top to trim all of my honey jar lids. It is easily held by the GG, and would probably work for that with a little water on the plastic to hold the piece in place.

best,

Pres

Picture?

CuttingSpoon.JPGYou can see the piece below the upside down lid here. I was wandering in Lowe's PVC section one day and found it. I used it because the hole made it easy to assemble the honey spoon bottom on the lid. I would have to find the bin and get the name to let you know. I used a little water on the plastic to center the lid on to the plastic, then trimmed the lid to fit and added the spoon. I would think if you look through the bins you would find something to work. Picture here is from my blog site.

best,

Pres

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2022 at 8:25 PM, Mark C. said:

Yes chucks or spacers is the only way-but wait there is more I just saw a add for a smaller giffen grip that hold smaller items like this-its called the mini and its just out

https://www.giffingrip.com/products

Just a couple of litigation cases and you should be able to buy one

Thats a joke by the way

I was - briefly, in my own defense - tempted.  But ... $200!!!!

Better grab one while you can.  Apparently it was an experimental run - "only available during NCECA" which has been over for a while now.

Archived