Deep Studio cleaning

4 hours ago, Pyewackette said:

Wasn't one of the reasons for the "upgrade" supposed to be to only have ONE login

No. To most users it looks like one website, but from a technical back end standpoint, the forum is separate from the other ICAN offerings. The last big update was for the main website, not this side of things. The forum is working on a separate piece of software, hence the need for two logins. Interestingly enough, the forum software gets pretty frequent updates, although no one usually notices.  The admin lets the moderators know so we can watch for service interruptions or glitches, but there’s usually nothing. 

4 hours ago, Pyewackette said:

possibly much more horrid

Paul Soldner was famous for disliking clothing. He’d raku fire in a pair of very short cutoffs and flip flops, and it was an annual NCECA tradition for him to streak through the dance at the end of the conference. There were a lot of innuendos in the ads for his equipment (pun  very much intended). 

@Callie Beller Diesel Figures I got that part (One Login To Rule Them All) confused.  Must have been wishful thinking.  Regardless it was frustrating to lose access to my original account on that side.  I emailed and called, no reply either way.  They had that blurb about contacting them about your login up for the longest time - I think it was still up when I gave up and just created a new account.

I met Paul Soldner at a NCECA he was wearing a Kimono,  I was disappointed  I suppose he was going to take it off later.   A couple of years later I participated in a seminar where he was a guest lecture.   It was 105 degrees and he was wearing his shredded short cut offs and flip flops and no underwear .  Some of the men were offended,  I went to watch his process and throwing,  his private parts were of no interest to me.  I guess all of the life drawing classes I took have changed the way I look at a naked body.  I loved that class,  I would have taken it every semester but they had a waiting list.   Denice

I'm about to get offa couch and head out to the Studio (also bike shop, repair shop, work shop...) and clean number two road bike up for tomorrow's ride, start on glazing recently fired bisque load, trim and handle some recently thrown pieces, listen to kcbx Saturday line up (local public radio)...
But I'll start with a few minutes of cleanup.
No doubt I'll continue reflecting on this thread, and several others - I keep coming back to this forum for many reasons, one o' which is it gets me thinking. I'm thankful for that.

Archived