Kept all peep holes open during bisque

Hi Anna!

Well, if'n you reached target peak temp ok, the ware should be fully bisqued and burned out (organics oxydized) as well.

From there, maybe put the peeps back in, pronto, so the ware doesn't cool off too quickly, and shut down the vent when you usually do. Hope it comes out ok - probably so.

50 minutes ago, Hulk said:

Hi Anna!

Well, if'n you reached target peak temp ok, the ware should be fully bisqued and burned out (organics oxydized) as well.

From there, maybe put the peeps back in, pronto, so the ware doesn't cool off too quickly, and shut down the vent when you usually do. Hope it comes out ok - probably so.

If they are for some reason under-fired, is it safe to bisque-fire them again?

There’s no use fussing over it until you can open it properly and check your pots in the light of day, and to see what the cone packs say if you don’t have a good visual on them. More ventilation is not a bad thing in a bisque fire, and I assume you put your peeps back in before the kiln hit quartz inversion on the way down. It’s really, probably fine. 

Go make more pots while you’re waiting. You’ll feel better. 

1 hour ago, Anna Richardson said:

I’m looking through the peep holes and they look more grey than their normal pink. What could that mean? Under fired or over?

Apart from the cones that look red from the iron oxide in them all the cones change colour when fired to being white. Cone 6 cones are pink, which cones did you use for your bisque?

11 hours ago, Anna Richardson said:

The log says it reached full temp in a normal amount of time but I’m scared.

The log says it’s done, controller shut down on time, no reason they should not be fine and fully oxidized. No worries absolute worst case, can always rebisque if you are worried.

Archived